• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question about JTS Game Menu
11-23-2021, 07:48 AM,
Help  Question about JTS Game Menu
I have purchased the new Forgotten Campaign game.

It install itself in the WDS directory, togheter with the 4.00 version of the old JTS titles.
But it doesn't appear on the JTS Game Menu like the other games.
Anyone with the same problem?
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2021, 10:46 AM,
RE: Question about JTS Game Menu
The Menu program works by reading the games that are specifically within the John Tiller Software folder. I believe there will be a WDS Menu Program out in the next few days.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
11-23-2021, 10:48 AM,
Honestly, I rarely use it. I just get to the folder in Windows Explorer, and then sort so that program files are at the top of the list, and choose what I want there. (Though, part of the reason that works well for me is that I'm always going back and forth between game engines and scenario editors, or even between different games.)
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
11-23-2021, 11:19 AM,
I got round this by moving the JTS game menu from the John Tiller folder to the WDS folder then it will pick up all the games in the WDS folder
11-24-2021, 07:36 PM,
(11-23-2021, 11:19 AM)typhoon Wrote: I got round this by moving the JTS game menu from the John Tiller folder to the WDS folder then it will pick up all the games in the WDS folder

I did the same, all the WDS 4.00 games show up, but not the Forgotten Campaign game, it's the only that has not a previous JTS version but is a brand new WDS game.
11-25-2021, 12:38 AM,
I have the same problem, all the JTS games show up ok so far but Forgotten does not.
I checked the menu.log, it shows Check for Forgotten just like the other games but apparently something is different.
Hopefully WDS will be updating the menu, I have some 60 titles to update in my usb drive and I don't want to have short cuts for all of them on the desktop.