• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is this normal given server overloads? Question for WDS
11-20-2021, 05:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 05:56 AM by 2-81 Armor.)
Is this normal given server overloads? Question for WDS
I just purchased Forgotten Campaigns, and the order went through with no problem. However when I attempt to download the install files I get this message: <Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Cannot download file, download bandwidth or transaction (Class B) cap exceeded. See the Caps & Alerts page to increase your cap.</Message>

</Error>

I assume this is due to a massive overload because so many people are downloading updates for multiple games all at once. Can you confirm?

I don't mind waiting a while for things to clear up, but I need to know if the links I was set will still work?

Congratulations on the new launch, and updates. Bet you guys never anticipated such an overwhelming response from the fan base did you? Really, it's sort of a good thing.

I posted to this forum rather than to the Black Powder one since it appears this one gets monitored a little more closely.
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2021, 06:27 AM,
RE: Is this normal given server overloads? Question for WDS
Hi,

Let me check, the builds are coming off Fetch, not the server we have the updates on. We must have hit a cap somewhere as all the new installers are on Fetch.

David
11-20-2021, 06:28 AM,
I have that error too.
11-20-2021, 06:41 AM,
(11-20-2021, 06:27 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi,

Let me check, the builds are coming off Fetch, not the server we have the updates on. We must have hit a cap somewhere as all the new installers are on Fetch.

David

Hi David,

I checked my email just a second ago and I've gotten multiple messages from you guys with links for the 4.0 updates to titles I already own. The Forgotten Campaigns installer link is also there, and it looks like everything is coming off of Fetch with the same bandwidth cap exceeded message occurring when I try the link. Don't know if this is of any use to you but I thought I'd mention it.
11-20-2021, 06:50 AM,
(11-20-2021, 06:41 AM)2-81 Armor Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 06:27 AM)Strela Wrote: Hi,

David

Hi David,

I checked my email just a second ago and I've gotten multiple messages from you guys with links for the 4.0 updates to titles I already own. The Forgotten Campaigns installer link is also there, and it looks like everything is coming off of Fetch with the same bandwidth cap exceeded message occurring when I try the link. Don't know if this is of any use to you but I thought I'd mention it.

Hi there,

Thanks for the information. We have a ticket in with Fetch to upgrade our download limit. We have hit this, which is unprecedented compared to the past.

This impacts all the installers that we sent links out for. We are working this as quickly as we can. 

Our external server for the updates is also overwhelmed and we are looking at some of our other infrastructure to see if we can ease the load there.

Finally, support is inundated with the number of requests. We are seeing all the queries and questions coming in, give us a chance to work through them.

As mentioned, we had anticipated this all, but the load is a magnitude beyond expectations...!

David
11-20-2021, 07:59 AM,
I have just been told Fetch has upped our limit - please carry on!

Do report back here is you see further bandwidth issues.

Thanks,

David