• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS/WDS Update v4.0 out
11-20-2021, 01:48 AM,
JTS/WDS Update v4.0 out
Gentlemen,
As you should have seen here:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=75027

WDS is continuing on with the legacy of JTS, and has produced patches for a number of the games, including the Naval Games.

So, what has come out in the Naval games you ask?  Well, let me tell you!  (Can you tell I've been waiting for today?)

1) Fix for passive sonar ranges:  As was talked about here, there was an issue with passive ranges.  We've made a fix there, and now subs can get a passive reading a long, long way out. (It's a pdt value, so the designer sets it.)  

2) The Alternate Interface from Wolfpack is now in all games.

3) Enhanced Damage types:  It's now possible for ships to have "Engine" or "Turret" damage.  That is damage that will cause a drop in speed or firepower (as the case may be) without causing extra flotation damage.  Think of the Yorktown which was slowed by the first IJN strike at Midway, but then regained steam after emergency repairs (only to have that wrecked by the second strike, but hey!)  There is a possibility of having these things be repaired after a random period of time.

4) Fixes for secondary fire (what they can, and cannot fire at)

5) The Jutland Expansion with many of the world's warships has been put in.

6) Weather effects.  If you use historical weather in a scenario, the designer can set it to change along the way, and can also set it to the following
- Ship speeds can be reduced by heavy seas, designated by hull class.
- Accuracy can be reduced in heavy weather.
- Air ops can be made impossible in heavy weather.

None of the older scenarios have been adjusted with weather effects, but if you want to try it, there is an instruction sheet in the package.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2021, 02:42 AM,
RE: JTS/WDS Update v4.0 out
Oh! Something I forgot. (Probably more than this, but hey.)

There is now a separate "vs FC" fire value. This is the base to hit chance when you are firing at FC targets.

FC is the code for "Fast Attack Craft" Stuff like PT Boats, MTB, MAS, E-Boats and the like.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
11-20-2021, 06:19 AM,
(11-20-2021, 02:42 AM)Gary McClellan Wrote: Oh! Something I forgot. (Probably more than this, but hey.)

There is now a separate "vs FC" fire value. This is the base to hit chance when you are firing at FC targets.

FC is the code for "Fast Attack Craft"  Stuff like PT Boats, MTB, MAS, E-Boats and the like.

No I think you pretty much covered it Gary Wink . The only comment I would make is that we added Passive Sonar Max and Min Range values for both Surface and Sub to the PDT Editor
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War
11-20-2021, 01:38 PM,
Thx for your continued support.
Look forward to testing out the new version.
11-22-2021, 04:57 PM,
Wow, this is great news....going to fire up Midway after a long hiatus and check out the sonar changes in Wolfpack! Well done and thanks!
Kind Regards,
Harry