• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A really big day for Wargame Design Studio
11-20-2021, 04:15 AM,
RE: A really big day for Wargame Design Studio
Bought DF85 last year and NGP85 last week. Since I intended to register eventually anyway, this is a good reason to do so and write the first post.

Good to see that people still care for this kind of games. Sometimes I feel like a dinosaur for pushing counters around. At least I am not the only one of that kind. Hey, there seem to be enough of us folks that some other folks consider development in that niche a sensible activity.

To the future and many years of wargame development!
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2021, 04:27 AM,
(11-20-2021, 03:47 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 03:26 AM)Sir John Cope Wrote: From the change log for France '40 4.00:

Revised default optional rules...Alternative Indirect Fire Resolution, Alternative Air Strike Resolution and Alternative Direct Fire Resolution have been removed.

I'm assuming this means they have been removed as defaults, not that they've been removed from the options available to players, but please tell me if otherwise?
I would assume that as well, but I just fired up the new install of France '40, Prucha_B4 scenario and all of the alternative fire resolution rules were selected by default.  Confused

I am not sure, but uninstalling the old version might not delete registry entries for rules. If you choose 'Default', it should set into current defaults.
:(
11-20-2021, 04:32 AM,
Quote:Posted by unonimus - Less than 1 minute ago
(40 minutes ago)LordDeadwood Wrote: Wrote:
(1 hour ago)Sir John Cope Wrote: Wrote:From the change log for France '40 4.00:

Revised default optional rules...Alternative Indirect Fire Resolution, Alternative Air Strike Resolution and Alternative Direct Fire Resolution have been removed.

I'm assuming this means they have been removed as defaults, not that they've been removed from the options available to players, but please tell me if otherwise?
I would assume that as well, but I just fired up the new install of France '40, Prucha_B4 scenario and all of the alternative fire resolution rules were selected by default.  [Image: ce0c1fedb7unsure.gif]

I am not sure, but uninstalling the old version might not delete registry entries for rules. If you choose 'Default', it should set into current defaults.

Correct, you have to click on "Default" in the optional rules screen to switch to the current Default rules.

I didn't have to fill in my serial for the WDS versions when JTS versions are currently installed either, so the information stored in the registry for JTS games is also used by the WDS versions.
11-20-2021, 04:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 04:34 AM by ComradeP.)
(11-20-2021, 04:15 AM)Markus Gattringer Wrote: Bought DF85 last year and NGP85 last week. Since I intended to register eventually anyway, this is a good reason to do so and write the first post.

Good to see that people still care for this kind of games. Sometimes I feel like a dinosaur for pushing counters around. At least I am not the only one of that kind. Hey, there seem to be enough of us folks that some other folks consider development in that niche a sensible activity.

To the future and many years of wargame development!

Welcome, it's a good time to join the forums.

I hope that there will be an overall increase in forum activity, from new and old members, now that everybody is receiving e-mails about updates for JTS games.
11-20-2021, 04:54 AM,
(11-20-2021, 04:32 AM)ComradeP Wrote:
Quote:Posted by unonimus - Less than 1 minute ago
(40 minutes ago)LordDeadwood Wrote: Wrote:
(1 hour ago)Sir John Cope Wrote: Wrote:From the change log for France '40 4.00:

I would assume that as well, but I just fired up the new install of France '40, Prucha_B4 scenario and all of the alternative fire resolution rules were selected by default.  [Image: ce0c1fedb7unsure.gif]

Correct, you have to click on "Default" in the optional rules screen to switch to the current Default rules.

I didn't have to fill in my serial for the WDS versions when JTS versions are currently installed either, so the information stored in the registry for JTS games is also used by the WDS versions.
Good point. I hadn't thought about the registry being shared but you are correct about the serial number, so it makes sense.
11-20-2021, 06:31 AM,
(11-20-2021, 04:54 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 04:32 AM)ComradeP Wrote: Correct, you have to click on "Default" in the optional rules screen to switch to the current Default rules.

Good point. I hadn't thought about the registry being shared but you are correct about the serial number, so it makes sense.

It was one of the things that had to be coded in the update for every game series.
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War
11-20-2021, 01:34 PM,
(11-19-2021, 09:07 PM)Strela Wrote: Hi Everyone,

We  hope you are excited about the following as we are...!

WDS News

Let us know,

David

Congratulations to everyone involved with WDS! 
Starting with a big bang of updates!
Good luck going forward.
11-21-2021, 04:03 AM,
Congrats on the purchase, good news!

One question though: I got several e-mails with links for various JTS games that I've purchased, at least the Napoleonic and Western Front WWII games--these downloads were all "400" series games. But I have not received links for many of the WWII games I have--the latest versions I have for these (mostly Eastern Front) are the "200" series games, the Gold versions I guess. Am I missing some of the 400 series East Front games or haven't they been done yet?
11-21-2021, 08:04 AM,
(11-21-2021, 04:03 AM)76mm Wrote: Congrats on the purchase, good news!

One question though:  I got several e-mails with links for various JTS games that I've purchased, at least the Napoleonic and Western Front WWII games--these downloads were all "400" series games.  But I have not received links for many of the WWII games I have--the latest versions I have for these (mostly Eastern Front) are the "200" series games, the Gold versions I guess.  Am I missing some of the 400 series East Front games or haven't they been done yet?

WDS has an faq with an email for their support. They only sent emails for games bought through JTS after a certain date. You need to email the support email with your games and aerial numbers. I can dig up the email on my computer but you should be able to find their site and the email before then.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-21-2021, 08:25 AM,
(11-21-2021, 08:04 AM)Ricky B Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 04:03 AM)76mm Wrote: Congrats on the purchase, good news!

One question though:  I got several e-mails with links for various JTS games that I've purchased, at least the Napoleonic and Western Front WWII games--these downloads were all "400" series games.  But I have not received links for many of the WWII games I have--the latest versions I have for these (mostly Eastern Front) are the "200" series games, the Gold versions I guess.  Am I missing some of the 400 series East Front games or haven't they been done yet?

WDS has an faq with an email for their support. They only sent emails for games bought through JTS after a certain date. You need to email the support email with your games and aerial numbers. I can dig up the email on my computer but you should be able to find their site and the email before then.

I had some gold updated from the the old hps and sent in my  serial numbers of the games and got my updates from wds:)