• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Running JTS Games on Linux Mint OS
10-24-2021, 04:14 AM,
Running JTS Games on Linux Mint OS
I haven't seen anything on this topic in the forum, so thought I would mention it.  For those who have been around since the disc days and have just updated your JTS games on your windows computer, and you may want to play JTS games on Linux operating systems, I have figured out a method to make that work.  This would be by copying your folder on your windows computer and moving it to your Linux computer by USB.  There is a lot more to it than just copying and moving, but that is the point of my post, to help with the steps.  I use Linux Mint, current version 20.2 and it works fine, games play fine (for the most part) using Play on Linux.  

If you have the msi game files, the installation process is easier, again using Play on Linux.

If you have Linux Mint running on a computer and you haven't been able to move your JTS games over to it, I can help.  This is not a way to avoid purchase, as you must have the serial number to make the game work. Other Linux distros may work the same, but I have only used Mint.

Contact me if interested in the procedure.  I'll send you a PDF with screen shots (to give visual aid).  For those unaware, Play on Linux is software that is freely available through your Linux software magager to help play windows programs (not only games) on Linux.
Quote this message in a reply