• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign game crashes
09-05-2021, 04:29 PM,
Help  Campaign game crashes
I've had a problem with campaign games in both North Africa and Normandy. Basically, when I finish the first scenario, the game can't seem to find the next scenario to continue and I get an error message. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, since I've had no trouble continuing campaigns in games like Gettysburg. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2021, 09:10 PM,
RE: Campaign game crashes
If/whenever this happens, as the error popup still displays, without exiting the game, immediately zip up the entire contents of the Logs folder, and post the .zip file here.
09-07-2021, 07:58 AM,
(09-06-2021, 09:10 PM)berto Wrote: If/whenever this happens, as the error popup still displays, without exiting the game, immediately zip up the entire contents of the Logs folder, and post the .zip file here.

Will start another campaign soon and follow your instructions. In the meantime, here is the text from the "Error" folder from my previous Normandy campaign, not sure if this will help:

2021-08-30 17:45:32 cp_start.exe: [ERROR ID 100] (Start.cpp, line 1466, MainWindow::ReadCampaign()) Saves\.cpf not found
2021-08-30 17:46:03 cp_start.exe: [ERROR ID 100] (Start.cpp, line 1466, MainWindow::ReadCampaign()) Saves\.cpf not found
2021-09-03 00:19:17 cp_start.exe: [ERROR ID 100] (Start.cpp, line 1466, MainWindow::ReadCampaign()) Saves\.cpf not found

Thanks!
09-07-2021, 02:06 PM,
(09-05-2021, 04:29 PM)JOKipper Wrote: I've had a problem with campaign games in both North Africa and Normandy. Basically, when I finish the first scenario, the game can't seem to find the next scenario to continue and I get an error message. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, since I've had no trouble continuing campaigns in games like Gettysburg. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi there,

Which scenarios are you playing? In North Africa, there is no continuous campaign, just variable setup scenarios so maybe that is the issue.

If I know which scenarios, I can go and validate the crash quickly.

Thanks,

David
09-08-2021, 06:02 PM,
(09-07-2021, 02:06 PM)Strela Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 04:29 PM)JOKipper Wrote: I've had a problem with campaign games in both North Africa and Normandy. Basically, when I finish the first scenario, the game can't seem to find the next scenario to continue and I get an error message. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, since I've had no trouble continuing campaigns in games like Gettysburg. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In North Africa, I played the Compass campaign, which by the term campaign, I assume goes to another scenario when finished, which it didn't. It generated an error.

I just replayed the Dragoons campaign from Normandy. It generated an error as well upon the completion of the scenario. I enclose the zipped log file, saved and zipped per instructions. Am I just mistaken that these aren't really multi-scenario campaigns?

Attached Files
.zip   Logs.zip (Size: 8.28 KB / Downloads: 4)
09-12-2021, 03:03 AM,
I have exactly the same problem with North Afrika and Normandy campaign games
09-22-2021, 10:32 AM,
Now, this might seem like a strange solution but have you tried renaming your campaign file to ".cpf" and your btc file accordingly? I am aware that this sounds almost ridiculous, but it helped me.
09-22-2021, 05:31 PM,
(09-22-2021, 10:32 AM)Raphael A. Costeau Wrote: Now, this might seem like a strange solution but have you tried renaming your campaign file to ".cpf" and your btc file accordingly? I am aware that this sounds almost ridiculous, but it helped me.

Trying anything! I renamed the campaign to ".cpf", didn't help. What specifically do you mean "the btc accordingly"? I'll sure give that a try too if you can explain. Thanks!
09-22-2021, 07:55 PM,
(09-22-2021, 05:31 PM)JOKipper Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 10:32 AM)Raphael A. Costeau Wrote: Now, this might seem like a strange solution but have you tried renaming your campaign file to ".cpf" and your btc file accordingly? I am aware that this sounds almost ridiculous, but it helped me.

Trying anything! I renamed the campaign to ".cpf", didn't help. What specifically do you mean "the btc accordingly"? I'll sure give that a try too if you can explain. Thanks!

Rename your campaign file to .cpf and the btc file, which should be in the same folder, into .btc. This enabled me to progress but, as I had to notice, it sent me into a sort of auto-resolve loop. So it's not a real solution either.