• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Getting the helicopters to move in the JTCS Cold War mod
10-09-2021, 01:07 AM,
Getting the helicopters to move in the JTCS Cold War mod
Hi
I have designed a small hypothetical scenario for the JTCS Cold War mod set in Southern West Germany in November 1973.

This features a dawn attack by a reinforced Soviet Motor Rifle Regiment on a village crossroads defended by a squadron of the US 11th  Cavalry regiment. Both sides have helicopters,  OH58’s and AH-1G’s for the Americans and Mi24-A’s for the Soviets.  For both sides these also start on map.

However when I test the scenario  neither sides helicopters are able to move and I get the message “There is no direct path to the specified hex” or “Units cannot move through existing terrain”  at the bottom of the screen when I try to move them into adjacent hexes .

Is there a way round this and or how should helicopters be deployed in order to get them to move once the game has started ?
Kind regards
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2021, 03:44 AM,
RE: Getting the helicopters to move in the JTCS Cold War mod
Are they airborne or on the ground? If they are on the ground, you first have to lift off. I think it is one of the up arrows. If you have the Middle East, that would be the place to look.
10-10-2021, 04:51 PM,
RE: Getting the helicopters to move in the JTCS Cold War mod
(10-10-2021, 03:44 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Are they airborne or on the ground?  If they are on the ground, you first have to lift off.  I think it is one of the up arrows.  If you have the Middle East, that would be the place to look.

Unfortunately not this mod was designed using the original CS engine which does not have light levels. In this helicopters were assumed to be airborne to start with and all the time although they could load and unload.