• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problems with Japan 45 PBEM files
09-24-2021, 03:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2021, 03:50 AM by Secret45.)
Problems with Japan 45 PBEM files
Good evening,

I recently started a campaign (the regular Operation Olympic campaign) in Japan 45 and had two bigger issues with the BTE files. While one of the cases is a minor inconvinience the other one makes the current campaign unplayable. So I wanted to report them and also ask if anybody has an idea how to fix them.

For the bigger issue:

I am currently playing the Operation Olympic campaign as the Americans. After my opponent mailed back the save file after his initial turn I get a blank map with only one hex. Everything else is just black. For some reasons the Encryption key still works but except that there is nothing else from the campaign visible (strenght, VP, losses etc.). Tried fixing it by having my opponent send me the file again, having him replaying the turn and sending me the file and even reinstalling the game but nothing helped. Did anybody have a similar experience and knows how to fix it? Or does anybody have an idea what else I could try despite restarting the campaign?

For the other issue:

If you host a PBEM game for the normal campaign and choose the Japanese as your side, the Rocket ships of the American player will be withdrawn before he can use them. Here obviously the issue is solved by having the American player create the match.

Regards,

Secret

Edit:
Apparently for the first issue the map which was previously open is loaded without any units on it except the campaign safe file. So for example if I open first a campaign Scenario and load then the BTE file, I get the map of the previously opened campaign Scenario without any units on it.
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2021, 03:59 AM,
RE: Problems with Japan 45 PBEM files
Your major issue is usually a result of the two players having different updates applied, so a data error results. At least that is similar to issues I have seen in the distant past. So I would recommend verifying that the game versions and file timestamps are the same.

The other may be a bit of a bug, I will follow up on that one with WDS if I can replicate it.

Thanks
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
09-24-2021, 04:55 AM,
(09-24-2021, 03:59 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Your major issue is usually a result of the two players having different updates applied, so a data error results. At least that is similar to issues I have seen in the distant past. So I would recommend verifying that the game versions and file timestamps are the same.

The other may be a bit of a bug, I will follow up on that one with WDS if I can replicate it.

Thanks
Rick

Thank you very much for the reply. Not sure if the version can be the issue, since we currently have the same one and it also doesn't appear that any of the files in my game was recently changed for some weird reason.
09-25-2021, 03:57 AM,
(09-24-2021, 04:55 AM)Secret45 Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 03:59 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Your major issue is usually a result of the two players having different updates applied, so a data error results. At least that is similar to issues I have seen in the distant past. So I would recommend verifying that the game versions and file timestamps are the same.

Thanks
Rick

Thank you very much for the reply. Not sure if the version can be the issue, since we currently have the same one and it also doesn't appear that any of the files in my game was recently changed for some weird reason.

I have never played a PzC campaign game so I am not sure however, have you tried setting up a campaign game for Hot Seat to see if your problem reappears?
09-25-2021, 04:31 AM,
I tried out what you suggested. First I tested it with the campaign I startet to play PBEM. For this one it resulted in the same problem as in the PBEM game. When I tested it with another campaign things appeared to work just fine for some reason. Maybe the mistake is linked to that particular Scenario?