• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any France 14, First World War Campaigns players?
09-23-2021, 12:30 AM,
Any France 14, First World War Campaigns players?
Greetings! Any players at all? Groups? Solo players like me? Anything?

What's your opinion of the France 14 AI in scenarios in which it is defending?
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2021, 04:42 AM,
RE: Any France 14, First World War Campaigns players?
Welcome, there are a core of players here who play & enjoy the FWWC series, It seems to me that all of the three titles in the series are equally popular.

The AI will do a reasonable job at defending, but of course cannot replicate the experience playing a skilled human in a PBEM match-up.  Wink
09-23-2021, 06:41 AM,
IMHO the AI does an ok job in the shorter scenarios....
10-24-2021, 07:10 AM,
Opponent Wanted  RE: Any France 14, First World War Campaigns players?
(09-23-2021, 12:30 AM)Champagne Wrote: Greetings! Any players at all? Groups? Solo players like me? Anything?

Just joined this ladder.  After reading 'The Guns of August' I decided to get the France 14 title to get a better understanding about what was going on at that time.

I haven't done much beyond 'Getting Started', because I really do prefer having a human opponent.

Would anyone care to meet me on the battlefield?  Open to any suggestions.
10-26-2021, 06:33 AM,
Welcome, if you don't get any offers on this thread post your game request in a fresh post for maximum visibility. 

Wink

My advice would be to start with some smaller scenarios and work you way up from there.
10-26-2021, 10:17 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Any France 14, First World War Campaigns players?
(10-26-2021, 06:33 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Welcome, if you don't get any offers on this thread post your game request in a fresh post for maximum visibility. 

Wink

My advice would be to start with some smaller scenarios and work you way up from there.

Thanks for your valuable advice.
10-27-2021, 01:15 AM,
(10-26-2021, 10:17 AM)Eckerslyke Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 06:33 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: Welcome, if you don't get any offers on this thread post your game request in a fresh post for maximum visibility. 

Wink

Thanks for your valuable advice.

I am not the greatest player in these battles, but would not mind trying a battle with you in any of the WW1 games you may have. I have all the titles. You can pick the side and battle.
10-28-2021, 03:13 AM,
I am curious if there is a way to turn off the automatic victories in the Grand Campaigns? I had two games end very early because of it. I can't complain because I won both times but it just seemed like the other side would not have given up at that point historically.
10-28-2021, 03:41 AM,
(10-28-2021, 03:13 AM)von Fagan Wrote: I am curious if there is a way to turn off the automatic victories in the Grand Campaigns? I had two games end very early because of it. I can't complain because I won both times but it just seemed like the other side would not have given up at that point historically.

No I am afraid you cannot, in the opinion of the designer if the scenario is ended by this feature then victory is guaranteed at that point as the losing side has conceded so many points (often in men/gun losses) that there should be no way back.
11-14-2021, 02:26 AM,
(09-23-2021, 12:30 AM)Champagne Wrote: Greetings! Any players at all? Groups? Solo players like me? Anything?

F 14 has some of the best short scenarios: 1914_0822_03s: Offensive à Outrance! is really action packed. 1914_0829_01s: French Morale Restored is also well balanced and action packed! Actually almost all the scenarios are worth playing but I think these two are the best.  jonny Propeller Hat