• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

vids:iv50 decompressor
09-18-2021, 10:39 PM,
vids:iv50 decompressor
Trying to load some HPS PzC titles and I encounter this message after upload: “video not available, cannot find ‘vids:iv50’ decompressor.  I’m on windows 7. Have you ever heard of this? I looked it up and tried a link but my browse wouldn’t let me connect. Without this the map files are all corrupted. Thanks jonny
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2021, 11:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2021, 11:18 PM by Kool Kat.)
RE: vids:iv50 decompressor
Gent:  Smoke7

Microsoft ended support of Windows 7 as of January 14, 2020.

No technical support for any issues. No software updates. No security updates or fixes.

Recommend that you move forward with Windows 10 as that will most likely correct the issues you are experiencing running a back level OS.   Smile
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
09-19-2021, 05:12 AM,
This is from a thread in 2010:

fit2winCreated on April 6, 2010

Video not available, cannot find 'VIDS:IV50'decompressor

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 I have been unable to run a interactive dvd. I get a message that states "Video not available, cannot find 'VIDS:IV50'decompressor" I can't seem to find solution online that fixes problem

John Rubdy Replied on April 7, 2010

Hi,

Which player do you use to play the video file?

This indicates the file was compressed with a codec that is not installed on the computer.
In this case the codec VIDS.IV50 is Intel's Indeo Video Interactive 5 codec.

Please go through the link below, you will find the solution in the link below.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Foru...703e9dfb8/

Codecs: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windo...-questions

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you require further help.

Regards

Rehman – Microsoft Support

John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community
09-20-2021, 12:38 AM,
[quote pid="446210" dateline="1631992378"]

John Rubdy Replied on April 7, 2010

Hi,

Which player do you use to play the video file?

This indicates the file was compressed with a codec that is not installed on the computer.
In this case the codec VIDS.IV50 is Intel's Indeo Video Interactive 5 codec.

Thnaks for trying to help guys. What I don’t understand is that I have recently successfully installed F 40, Sea Lion 40, Minsk 44, and MG 44. Suddenly though I encounter this message about the ‘vids:iv50’ compressor trying to install Kursk 43, Sicily 43 and Korsun 44 right after successfully installing the others. Why some of the games and not the others? I am baffled. I imagine vids:iv50 is some sort of application that can be downloaded only from Microsoft; like even if it is on somebody’s computer they’d never be able to find it if they searched for it. Also in all the years I have played these wargames, I have never had an installation problem until just a few days ago, and then, again, the problem applies to one and not the other! Thanks for your help!   jonny Propeller Hat
[/quote]