• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

House rules
07-23-2021, 07:45 PM,
Help  House rules
Hi I am taking another look at SP after a lengthy break so I am a little out of date and it looks like the game has been improved a lot since I last looked it. 

I wondered if anyone could suggest some house rules that they use to produce a reasonably realistic balance of forces in a PBEM game. For example, I want to be able to create forces that have a realistic ratio of Armour to infantry. I am sure this will vary from country to country and from time to time so I am just looking for general principles that I can apply here. I don't want to devote the time to meticulously researching the exact OOB of the BAOR in 1976 for one PBEM! I just want a broad brush approach I can apply to produce some fun and reasonably realistic games.

It looks as if the game automatically penalises for overspending on arty, does anyone have any suggestions for percentage mix of infantry / armour/ arty / air strikes that might produce reasonably realistic forces without me having to look up a detailed OOB for each game? 

I am in the process of reading the manual (..and goodness, thats expanded! Smile ) so it might be my question is addressed later in there, if that's the case please point me to that section.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2021, 07:46 AM,
RE: House rules
Hi; You will find a detailed list of rules in the sticky section up top "alternative game rules".
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-29-2021, 02:33 AM,
Thanks Weasel,  it is a very comprehensive rule set.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
07-29-2021, 12:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 12:23 PM by Weasel.)
Yep, a bit of a monster so take it bit by bit. My favourites are the tank movement rule and infantry smoke rules. You will also find the answer to your arty question in the sticky section too. As for force composition, that is hard, I always try to buy realistic and to the map, but some guys love tanks, others infantry, hard one.

If you also look at the "hints and tips for new players" I talk about force purchasing and stuff in there, it may help.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
07-29-2021, 12:25 PM,
BTW - I have never read the manual, honestly.