• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Transport mode and fatigue
07-26-2021, 04:10 AM,
Transport mode and fatigue
Hello folks. Does changing transport mode, withOUT movement, affect fatigue recovery? Any difference in recovery if unit is stationary but in transport?

Night Fatigue rule on, Sealion Gold.
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2021, 06:20 AM,
RE: Transport mode and fatigue
(07-26-2021, 04:10 AM)Trac_511 Wrote: Hello folks. Does changing transport mode, withOUT movement, affect fatigue recovery? Any difference in recovery if unit is stationary but in transport?

I read that changing travel mode does not affect fatigue recovery but it does.  jonny Propeller Hat
07-26-2021, 07:33 AM,
(07-26-2021, 06:20 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 04:10 AM)Trac_511 Wrote: Hello folks. Does changing transport mode, withOUT movement, affect fatigue recovery? Any difference in recovery if unit is stationary but in transport?

I read that changing travel mode does not affect fatigue recovery but it does.  jonny Propeller Hat

Changing Travel Mode uses movement points so it affects fatigue recovery. Can you provide the details of what you have read that is contrary to this?
07-26-2021, 12:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 02:31 PM by Ricky B.)
I set up a test to see what really happens in the game. Changing in or out of T mode does prevent fatigue recovery. However, the interesting part is it does NOT seem to impact night fatigue. Even when a unit actually uses movement points to deploy, none of my units in my test gained fatigue. The units changing in or out of T mode gained fatigue, IF the next turn was the night turn. If the current turn was night but the next turn was day, there was no night fatigue applied even though the unit did something at night. I tested with foot units, and tank units.

And all units had fatigue drop (recovered from fatigue) if not changed.

Keep in mind, for other reasons, that going into T mode doesn't take movement points - although I would swear that non-foot units did use movement points to go into T mode. At least in Kiev, going into T mode didn't use points for any units. But deploying did, as expected.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-26-2021, 01:51 PM,
(07-26-2021, 12:14 PM)Ricky B Wrote: I set up a test to see what really happens in the game. Changing in or out of T mode does prevent fatigue recovery. However, the interesting part is it does NOT seem to impact night fatigue. Even when a unit actually uses movement points to deploy, none of my units in my test gained fatigue. The units changing in or out of T mode gained fatigue, IF the next turn was the night turn. If the current turn was night but the next turn was day, there was no night fatigue applied even though the unit did something at night. I tested with foot units, and tank units.

And all units had fatigue drop (recovered from fatigue) if not changed.

Keep in mind, for other reasons, that going into T mode doesn't take movement points - although I would swear that non-foot units did use movement points to go into T mode. At least in Kiev, going into T mode didn't use points for any units. But deploying did, as expected.

Rick

Rick,

The question I was answering was that concerning fatigue recovery, not fatigue gain. If a unit uses movement points, day or night, that prevents fatigue recovery. I believe that going into or out of Travel mode, even if it does not use movement points, still prevents fatigue recovery, day or night. I do not know of any exceptions.

The only instance I know of when changing Travel mode is not considered part of movement is for gaining Low Fuel status.

I have not got time at the moment to test this but that is my understanding of the rules.

John
07-26-2021, 02:30 PM,
Correct John, I was just documenting all of the effects, has nothing to do with your response. As you say, the question was about fatigue recovery, but others may wonder about the entire picture.
[Image: exercise.png]
07-30-2021, 03:28 AM,
Thank you for all the testing and feedback, folks!
07-30-2021, 06:32 AM,
(07-26-2021, 07:33 AM)Green Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 06:20 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:

Changing Travel Mode uses movement points so it affects fatigue recovery. Can you provide the details of what you have read that is contrary to this?