• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What happened?
07-06-2021, 10:45 AM,
What happened?
What happened to the leader graphics? (showing a single leader).
What happened to the 3D being seriously broken after the last update?

This series is in need of serious direction by someone.
I don't think Mods will save it.
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2021, 11:17 AM,
RE: What happened?
I mean it sure looks like the series aren't getting any JTS love from now on.

Mods are still the best bet we've got, thanks to the likes of Mike and others.
07-06-2021, 12:03 PM,
Sorry,

I must have missed something here. I'm still having a wonderful time playing Eagles Strike, Red Victory, Pacific War and Tour of Duty. Obviously when I'm not tied up with the "Wild and Wonderful Campaign Series"!

Not to mention the superb Squad Battles World War Two MOD by Mike Amos! OMG and it is a fine MOD indeed Warhorse!

Cool our jets, relax, calm down and have a little fun for what Squad Battles is right now!

Enjoy gamers!!

Big Ivan (John)
07-06-2021, 09:16 PM,
(07-06-2021, 10:45 AM)bigus Wrote: What happened to the leader graphics? (showing a single leader).

Hi bigus, curious-- what got broken in the 3D with the last update?
07-06-2021, 10:23 PM,
I personally feel the entire 3D view should be removed from all the Squad Battles games.
Send this user an email
07-06-2021, 11:27 PM,
(07-06-2021, 09:16 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 10:45 AM)bigus Wrote: What happened to the leader graphics? (showing a single leader).

AOTR and Heavy Tanks at Rossienie is an example where you see sherman tanks that should be Mark 3's.
I believe RV and AOTR were hardest hit.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series and the modders are doing great work.
I guess what I was getting at was it would be nice if someone could go back and clean up the base game.
07-06-2021, 11:39 PM,
(07-06-2021, 11:27 PM)bigus Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 09:16 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:

AOTR and Heavy Tanks at Rossienie is an example where you see sherman tanks that should be Mark 3's.
I believe RV and AOTR were hardest hit.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series and the modders are doing great work.
I guess what I was getting at was it would be nice if someone could go back and clean up the base game.

Oh, I thought you meant problems with the engine. Those are graphics, right? Can it be solved by modding them?

But yes, that must take a lot of work, the stock game should have the correct images.
07-07-2021, 02:56 AM,
I am working on a 3D mod for AoTR and RV specifically.  It is not creating anything new for the most part -- more sort of a combination of the current 3D RV mod by Ben Park for Red Victory and the 3d Jmod here in the forums which both have their own strengths.  My plan is to also go through the scenarios and make sure the correct vehicles are being rendered in both 2d and 3d mode, making appropriate edits where needed.

I would love for the series to get some more love and support from Wargame Design Studio who are now handling Panzer Battles among other things.  There was a short video discussing this on YouTube where they said they would definitely be interested in perhaps revisiting it in the future. Linked here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb7Nr9q38f4

Even antother update with some bug fixes, the new WDS UI and perhaps some QoL enhancements to the graphics such as graphical hex contours would be fantastic. 

Maybe we can all send the folks at WDS an e-mail showing our enthusiasm about this?
07-07-2021, 06:40 AM,
(07-07-2021, 02:56 AM)LostLT Wrote: I would love for the series to get some more love and support from Wargame Design Studio who are now handling Panzer Battles among other things.  There was a short video discussing this on YouTube where they said they would definitely be interested in perhaps revisiting it in the future. Linked here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb7Nr9q38f4

Looking forward to your mod, LostLt. Interesting how David mirorrs my thoughts regarding how the series could be handled in a manner similar to what the Lock'n Load guys are doing with their Tactical Digital products. I'd be so on board with this.