• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Those sexy 2D slopes...
07-04-2021, 08:16 AM,
RE: Those sexy 2D slopes...
Sorry Charles.....I was responding to two different art mods at the same time and got mixed up.  Rolling Eyes

My earlier comments are still the same though........you work in progress looks very user-friendly on being able to read the map elevations so clearly.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks

Chad
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2021, 04:00 PM,
Yeh I used to have that sort of position -and had I continued on with that project (they wanted SYW done and dusted ... and then the publisher wanted me working on another project that was more than just graphics)... so basically I basically elected to move on.

Anyways, in that position, I can guarantee you that I sure as hell would have pushed for having elevation changes as part of the coding like many of that publisher's other series. And to be fair, I don't even know if it was allowed as an option when Mike was working with this.

I would have, at the time, done this for exactly the same reason that you've noted. . . however, for me, that particular role and the ability to get heard has sailed awhile ago.
Bydand
Send this user an email
07-04-2021, 08:36 PM,
(07-04-2021, 04:00 PM)_72z Wrote: Yeh I used to have that sort of position -and had I continued on with that project (they wanted SYW done and dusted ... and then the publisher wanted me working on another project that was more than just graphics)... so basically I basically elected to move on.

Anyways, in that position, I can guarantee you that I sure as hell would have pushed for having elevation changes as part of the coding like many of that publisher's other series. And to be fair, I don't even know if it was allowed as an option when Mike was working with this.

I would have, at the time, done this for exactly the same reason that you've noted. . . however, for me, that particular role and the ability to get heard has sailed awhile ago.

Yes, too bad, this is my favorite series now, I keep updating my mod though, and will hit WW1 next, it needs a lot of attention!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
07-04-2021, 09:05 PM,
(07-04-2021, 08:16 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Sorry Charles.....I was responding to two different art mods at the same time and got mixed up.  Rolling Eyes

My earlier comments are still the same though........you work in progress looks very user-friendly on being able to read the map elevations so clearly.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks

Chad

No worries! It's mostly done, I'm currently getting help with the testing and I when I feel reasonably sure everything's in working order I will post the utility in the Mods thread :-)

I'm obviously not privy to all the comings and goings of the past years, but as has been echoed several times already it is a huge shame the series doesn't get the attention it deserves...
08-01-2021, 01:48 PM,
Mod has been posted in the 3rd Party Mods section :-)
08-01-2021, 04:03 PM,
(08-01-2021, 01:48 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Mod has been posted in the 3rd Party Mods section :-)

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

You need to attach zip file or add a download link so we can get it.

Thanks
08-01-2021, 08:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2021, 11:06 PM by Xerxes77.)
(08-01-2021, 04:03 PM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 01:48 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Mod has been posted in the 3rd Party Mods section :-)

Thanks

Hi Compass, it's there, a bit hidden under installation instruction (1.)

Please let me know if you can't access it?

Thank you!

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean now. I had included a link to my personal files on the Blitz. Now I've added the zip as a proper attachment to the post. Thanks again!
08-05-2021, 09:35 AM,
(08-01-2021, 08:54 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 04:03 PM)Compass Rose Wrote:

Thanks

Hi Compass, it's there, a bit hidden under installation instruction (1.)

Please let me know if you can't access it?

Thank you!

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean now. I had included a link to my personal files on the Blitz. Now I've added the zip as a proper attachment to the post. Thanks again!

Here is a shot with the Slopes installed, Battle of Huangqiao, Red Chinese attack the Nationalist Chinese in 1940!

[Image: SBWW2%20Yangtze%20slopes.jpg]
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

08-05-2021, 10:01 PM,
Woohoo! Have you already tried the integration with the Desert/Winter terrain? Let me know if you need anything. Irish Dance
08-06-2021, 09:51 AM,
(08-05-2021, 10:01 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Woohoo! Have you already tried the integration with the Desert/Winter terrain? Let me know if you need anything. Irish Dance

I have indeed! I'm loving this, elevations are sooo much easier to see now, thanks very much!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue