• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question for Wolfpack Players
11-25-2021, 04:35 AM,
RE: Question for Wolfpack Players
(11-24-2021, 06:34 AM)phoenix Wrote: Since you're working on the naval series and seem to check in here, Parmenio, can I ask - is there any chance of at least 2 coding changes that would make life more bearable when playing the games?: 1. Planes automatically return to base on reaching bingo fuel, 2. Once planes are given a target they keep attacking it themselves, pass after pass, without you having to manually turn around each plane etc? Thanks.

perhaps this is regarding air-to-air combat.  I have seen this occur lots in Midway.  Player assigns a fighter flight to attack a DB flight, for example.  VF gets one 'kill' then commences a straight-line flight UNLESS player intervenes and reassigns the fighter flight to original or new target flight.  I agree, we would not want auto-reattack for air-to-ground/ship attacks. 

The auto-bingo would be nice.  I have had occasions where I did not realize a flight was straight-lining and couldn't figure out why the jump chart was SOOOO big - until I noticed that wayward flight to nowhere!   ROTFLMAO

"Splish, splash - brown-shoes takin' a bath!" 
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2021, 07:00 AM,
Oh, so that is what happened to Flight 19.
11-28-2021, 12:10 AM,
Mmm. Am I mistaken, I wonder? It's a while since I played a game. If I set a search pattern and send out the planes, don't they just keep going (and run out of fuel and crash) unless I manually turn them round?

As for repeat attacks - I can't recall what I meant. I will go play Coral Sea again to jog my memory.
11-28-2021, 06:48 AM,
On search patterns, you can set the distance they will go out. Maybe if you leave that blank they'll just do the "fly forever" thing, but if you use that, they'll go out, then come back as they should.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
11-28-2021, 08:23 AM,
Thanks, Gary.
07-20-2022, 03:24 AM,
(06-22-2021, 08:38 AM)Gary McClellan Wrote: Simple enough. Which UI do you use? The classic one that goes back to Jutland, or the new one introduced in Wolfpack?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away from the Blitz web site for quite some time...

I've been using the classic interface for Wolfpack. I like the new interface, but it seems to only allow you to look at one ship at a time in the picture display, whereas the classic will let you see up to four ships. When I'm attacking a convoy, I like to keep an eye on my Wolfpack, and also like to look at the speed/direction of potential targets. The classic view seems to allow the player to have "one stop shopping" to monitor up to four ships at the same time.

If there is a similar multi ship view available in the new UI, I'd be most grateful if someone would point me to it.

Cheers,
Mike
Quote:Me and General McAulliffe decided to move I Company up on the line. That is, if you agree.
- SGT Kinnie to PFC Holley, Battleground, 1949
07-20-2022, 06:56 AM,
(07-20-2022, 03:24 AM)MikeC Wrote: If there is a similar multi ship view available in the new UI, I'd be most grateful if someone would point me to it.

Cheers,
Mike

No, the one ship view is all that is available with the Alt UI.