• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question for Wolfpack Players
06-22-2021, 08:38 AM,
Question for Wolfpack Players
Simple enough. Which UI do you use? The classic one that goes back to Jutland, or the new one introduced in Wolfpack?
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2021, 12:12 PM,
RE: Question for Wolfpack Players
(06-22-2021, 08:38 AM)Gary McClellan Wrote: Simple enough. Which UI do you use? The classic one that goes back to Jutland, or the new one introduced in Wolfpack?

New
06-22-2021, 08:54 PM,
I've only played around with it a little bit, but I do remember preferring the new version.
11-22-2021, 05:11 PM,
I have no issue with either interface. I do play in the new interface and now that I am getting used to it I probably slightly prefer it.
Kind Regards,
Harry
11-23-2021, 11:56 PM,
New. But I really was hoping that the updates just issued would include another zoom level. I can hardly see what's going on as I chase around the subs.
11-24-2021, 03:26 AM,
(11-23-2021, 11:56 PM)phoenix Wrote: New. But I really was hoping that the updates just issued would include another zoom level. I can hardly see what's going on as I chase around the subs.

That's next on my list along with other graphical improvements.
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War
11-24-2021, 06:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2021, 06:24 AM by phoenix.)
Fantastic, Parmenio. Really look forward to that. Thanks.
11-24-2021, 06:34 AM,
Since you're working on the naval series and seem to check in here, Parmenio, can I ask - is there any chance of at least 2 coding changes that would make life more bearable when playing the games?: 1. Planes automatically return to base on reaching bingo fuel, 2. Once planes are given a target they keep attacking it themselves, pass after pass, without you having to manually turn around each plane etc? Thanks.
11-25-2021, 01:42 AM,
Um... I'm not sure why you want the planes to repeat attacks. Once they use their primary load, all they can do is strafe, which has some advantages, but also risk. It's also largely ahistorical. Yeah, say if they have a merchie or even a disabled warship they might strafe a few passes, but otherwise they'd generally head back home to reload with real weapons.

I'll have to look and think at the bingo fuel situation. I've never run into it as a major problem, but that may be a difference in playstyle.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
11-25-2021, 03:16 AM,
(11-24-2021, 06:34 AM)phoenix Wrote: Once planes are given a target they keep attacking it themselves, pass after pass, without you having to manually turn around each plane etc? Thanks.

Or do you mean that you want the flight to return, re-arm, re-fuel and repeat the Strike Mission?
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War