• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Guadalcanal - screen failure
06-18-2021, 11:35 AM,
Guadalcanal - screen failure
Hello,

When I select a scenario in Guadalcanal Naval Battles the main section of the display - the battle map - does not display, even if using the Jump Map.  Can select time buttons etc but no reaction.

Win10

Any clues?
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2021, 11:21 PM,
RE: Guadalcanal - screen failure
Just installed JTS Guadalcanal 1.06 on my new HP Envy with Direct X 12 and see the same thing. Jump map looks normal but no ships displayed on battle map, also no land where it shows on the jump map. it appears the battle map is stuck in the middle of the ocean. I opened the editor and everything looks fine in there so it appears to be a problem in the Main Program. I then installed Jutland, it looks fine so it seems to be only Guadal that has the problem.
06-19-2021, 08:53 AM,
Please contact [email protected]

It would help if you can tell if it's in all scenarios or just some. For instance Komandorski Islands is in open ocean as opposed to the battles in the Slot which might indicate the problem is in loading the map.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine
06-19-2021, 10:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2021, 10:55 PM by krmiller.)
Reported this to JTS Support, it is in the main game engine, gc.exe, the Battle Map does not move when you select a point on the jump map but stays where the game opens up.  Only seems to be in Guadalcanal engine as my Jutland works ok.
This is the 1.06 Installer version, according to my copy this was created in 2014.
Not sure what is going on because I had it installed on my old machine when I updated everything to JTS a couple years ago and it worked ok then.  Hadn't played it for a while and that pc died about a month ago and I bought a new machine with a different graphics card in it and when I installed the game to check this report I got this problem.
Wondering if there was an update that introduced this problem or something to do with the graphics card.

It is being looked into and hopefully a fix will be available soon.
06-20-2021, 04:24 PM,
Thx, have the fix.
06-20-2021, 05:58 PM,
Same here. Can I get the fix as well?
06-21-2021, 12:40 PM,
This is the link that JTS provided. If it does not work contact JTS at their website or email address provided in previous post in this thread.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/JohnTillerSoftw...2-2-19.zip