• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS Reporter
06-14-2021, 02:18 AM,
RE: JTS Reporter
The github page (see first post) now includes a built version of the reporter. Link is on the right hand side of the github page. I've updated the readme on its use.

RECOMMENDED INSTALL:
Download the zip to your save game directory containing the .btl files.
Copy the relevant .oob file into this directory.
Unzip the jtsreporter.zip.
Move into the jtsreporter directory.
Set the side you want to see in the .ini (defaults to allies)
Run the .exe

By default the .exe looks in the directory containing the jtsreporter directory. However, you can set this to look anywhere in your filesystem. If you have multiple games going on, you can use one copy of the reporter and manually point the save_dir entry in the ini file with each use.

Let me know if you have issues or questions or suggestions.
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2021, 02:58 AM,
Version 0.03 Released
Adds the ability to graph scenario losses by turn.

I apologize for the size of .zip. Now that the executable is bundling various matplotlib libraries to do the graphing, the size has grown to 25meg. I'll experiment with the imports to see if I can reduce the size in the future.

.png   v0.03_sceninfo.png (Size: 51.93 KB / Downloads: 14)
06-20-2021, 06:57 AM,
(06-14-2021, 02:18 AM)zaxhutchinson Wrote: The github page (see first post) now includes a built version of the reporter. Link is on the right hand side of the github page. I've updated the readme on its use.

RECOMMENDED INSTALL:
Download the zip to your save game directory containing the .btl files.
Copy the relevant .oob file into this directory.
Unzip the jtsreporter.zip.
Move into the jtsreporter directory.
Set the side you want to see in the .ini (defaults to allies)
Run the .exe

By default the .exe looks in the directory containing the jtsreporter directory. However, you can set this to look anywhere in your filesystem. If you have multiple games going on, you can use one copy of the reporter and manually point the save_dir entry in the ini file with each use.

Let me know if you have issues or questions or suggestions.

I can't seem to get your exe to run?

[Image: 2021-06-19_21h51_03.png]
06-22-2021, 09:51 PM,
You can try to right-click on the exe and run as admin. Might be a permissions issue as I have run tests where .oob, .btl and the .ini files are missing and that message doesn't crop up.

Just to cover all bases, here is a pic of how I add the exe to my save games.

Here's where I unzip the reporter. This directory contains all the .btl files and the .oob associated with the scenario being played. The jtsreporter directory is in this directory.

.png   jtspath.png (Size: 59.84 KB / Downloads: 16)

Here's a shot of the .ini file (which is unchanged).

.png   jtswini.png (Size: 24.53 KB / Downloads: 11)

I'll keep investigating. Let me know if you have any success. Apologies for the complications.
07-07-2021, 02:48 PM,
When I downloaded the zip file, it had no *.exe in it to run...
07-08-2021, 04:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2021, 05:07 AM by Plain Ian.)
(06-22-2021, 09:51 PM)zaxhutchinson Wrote: You can try to right-click on the exe and run as admin. Might be a permissions issue as I have run tests where .oob, .btl and the .ini files are missing and that message doesn't crop up.

Just to cover all bases, here is a pic of how I add the exe to my save games.

Here's where I unzip the reporter. This directory contains all the .btl files and the .oob associated with the scenario being played. The jtsreporter directory is in this directory.

Here's a shot of the .ini file (which is unchanged).

I'll keep investigating. Let me know if you have any success. Apologies for the complications.

Sorry for delay. I had it set up properly, the problem was my anti virus software F-Secure. I disabled the part that checks software before you run it and the Reporter is working fine I think. I'll have to create some .btl files to check things out. I usually just have a load of old pbem .bte files in my game.

It took a few seconds to run on my machine and did appear to show an error but it did work.

[Image: jtsreporter.png]

I'll play around with it now that I've got it working.

Ian