• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '40 Prucha OOB Question
06-12-2021, 11:34 PM,
RE: France '40 Prucha OOB Question
(06-12-2021, 10:14 PM)LordDeadwood Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 02:10 PM)Mike Prucha Wrote: Hello all,

Historically this regiment was assigned to 4. Panzer on May 10th-11th for the operation to clear the Albert Canal before reverting to its parent division. Its three battalions led each of 4th Panzer's three columns and were responsible for clearing the Belgian infantry out of their trenches before the tanks dashed forward. To recreate this operation, the regiment needed to be motorized. The regiment appeared again in later period scenarios where the motorization was no longer appropriate, hence the duplication. The motor version is under 61. ID because I didn't want it to be stuck with 4. Panzer for the duration of the campaign scenario.

-Mike Prucha

Thanks Mike! I was wondering why 4. Panzer had an extra infantry regiment, but didn't even notice that the designation was the same. Like I said earlier, I keep forgetting that the OOB file is designed to be used piecemeal with various scenarios. I was looking at in terms of the Fall Gelb scenarios assuming that it was used in it's entirety. I only discovered JTS a little over a year ago and the depth of this system's "simple complexity" continues to amaze me.

I think its the level of historical accuracy that goes into these games which attracts me. And this illustrates it perfectly. Hats off to Mike Prucha and the rest of the team. I've gone back and read some of the Blitz threads back in 2019 or so when France 40 was updated. 

I'll also go and read the Designer Notes again on the JTS product page. 

https://www.johntillersoftware.com/Panze...nce40.html

Time maybe to move up to Gold on this one on the 15th of June when the sale starts?
Quote this message in a reply