• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

scenario
08-16-2021, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 11:51 AM by Scud.)
RE: scenario
(08-16-2021, 07:25 AM)zap Wrote: I was going to play this EF scenario. When I pressed the download button: message appeared Sorry no files available.

SS Panzer Brigade Gross     
Page 29
If someone finds it could you post it here

Thanks

Hey Phil. I found that one in Dev's EF scenarios he sent us. I still haven't gotten around to them, but I uploaded that one. Try it again.

(08-16-2021, 08:27 AM)zap Wrote: Looking for a scenario I came across this  [REV]KrasniBor
on page 37 EF data page.
Mike Amos says he revised this one. Now it says its a stock scenario. But when I look I can't find the original in the EFII game files.

I was wondering did Mike rename his revised version to something different then the original? And what would the original stock versions name be?
It has a download. So I will play the revised version..

I changed the "stock" to "custom". That was probably an oversight Mike made when uploading the scenario (stock is the default). The download button works. The homepage button is a dead dropbox link that Mike will have to fix.

Anyway, both scenarios are accessible now.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2021, 12:11 PM,
Thank you Dave
08-17-2021, 02:35 AM,
Hello All,

I am looking for the Rising Sun scenario "Trap On The Halla" by George Smithson.  It is in the data base but no files. 

The odd thing is I have reported a completed match but I don't have the files.  Rolling Eyes
08-17-2021, 10:03 AM,
(08-16-2021, 08:27 AM)zap Wrote: Looking for a scenario I came across this  [REV]KrasniBor
on page 37 EF data page.
Mike Amos says he revised this one. Now it says its a stock scenario. But when I look I can't find the original in the EFII game files.

I was wondering did Mike rename his revised version to something different then the original? And what would the original stock versions name be?

That has been a long time! IIRC, I changed the Germans to Spanish that I added? I thought I had renamed to [Rev] as well, like I said, many moons ago!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
08-19-2021, 03:23 AM,
(08-17-2021, 10:03 AM)Warhorse Wrote:
on page 37 EF data page.

That has been a long time! IIRC, I changed the Germans to Spanish that I added? I thought I had renamed to [Rev] as well, like I said, many moons ago!!

There was no problem downloading it. You had classified it as stock scenario (changed by Dave to custom) that was the only confusion. all is good now.
08-28-2021, 07:03 AM,
Hey, John you were able to explain the 5% activation chance on frozen troops for previous scenario I played. 

I just finished another EF scenario. "Counterattack at Sitno". Again my frozen troops never activated. I would like to comment on the scenario but I need to know if this is another case of low % of possible activation. I would like to be accurate in my evaluation. I think that info will be needed to do so.

Is it simple enough for myself(not any familiarity with the inner workings) to see this info on my own. I don't like bothering you with this trivial stuff.
Easy step to follow to get that info?
08-28-2021, 10:20 AM,
Hi Phil,

From what I can see in the scenario Novgorod3 by Charlie Kibler, The Russian 3rd Battalion releases on Turn 3 with a 40% chance. They are located down to the south/SW of the map near Tigoda.

The German 263rd Rifle Regiment releases on Turn 6 with a 40% chance. They are located to the north/NE of the map at the top near Gorelovo. 

40% is not to bad but not the best in a 12 Turn scenario. But maybe you had some bad luck with either of them releasing.

Remember it is a 10 sided die for release and reinforcements coming on each turn, I believe.

40% is a whole lot better than 20% or 5%!

Hope this helps!!
John Wink
09-20-2021, 04:12 AM,
Question For scenario designers: Is it possible to make an "exit hex" (where one side receives points for exiting troops) be set up to give the points back to the other side if they recapture. Not sure if I explained it clearly.

An example. Played a scenario EF "showdown at Borisov". The Russians has, as one of their objectives, to exit troops for points. 
This hex has a zero point value. But as Russian troops exit the "0" changes to the value of the troops exited, you can see it on board. So, it will show (in that hex) instead of zero it becomes 400 or whatever the value of those troops who exited there. As we came to the end of the game that hex had a value of 10,000+ . The Germans were near, if they would have captured that hex would those points then be awarded to the Germans?

All the times I've played with an exit hex I've never seen the 0 value of that hex change. This got my curiosity up, that maybe this was different, and a value changing on board that it might be able to be recaptured and points awarded to the Germans.
09-20-2021, 04:56 AM,
That's a good question zap.

I have never seen that "10,000" thing before. I do know that if the Germans would have occupied that hex the points wouldn't have changed, the Russians would still get them for Russian units exited. 

They only way I know of dropping the Russian total for that hex, would be to exit German troops off the same hex. Its kind of an exchange process until the total for the Russia side goes back to zero. If the Germans would exit more they would get nothing for it in theory.

Perhaps someone else has seen this issue.

Regards,
John Wink
09-20-2021, 05:16 AM,
(09-20-2021, 04:56 AM)Big Ivan Wrote: That's a good question zap.

I have never seen that "10,000" thing before. I do know that if the Germans would have occupied that hex the points wouldn't have changed, the Russians would still get them for Russian units exited. 

They only way I know of dropping the Russian total for that hex, would be to exit German troops off the same hex. Its kind of an exchange process until the total for the Russia side goes back to zero. If the Germans would exit more they would get nothing for it in theory.

Perhaps someone else has seen this issue.

Regards,
John Wink

Thanks John, my opponent said what you noted about the points not changing. I just wanted to clarify that there wasn't another way to set up that hex. Also, it counted all units even empty transports. This is a large scenario so many, many units made it through the hex most were empty trucks.  Thats how the point total reached such a high level. But it was strange(and interesting) to watch every time a truck exited its value points were added to the total. I could see the number change in the hex.