• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DGVN Tourney
06-02-2021, 01:06 AM,
News  DGVN Tourney
Since Jason will have the new VN game out soon, I wanted to know if there is any interest in one last DGVN Tourney.   Already have at least one other yes.   Would like to get at least 6 plays.   Rules and other info to be posted if there is an interest.
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2021, 04:05 AM,
RE: DGVN Tourney
Sorry I will not have time for this tourney. But thanks for asking majog! Smile
06-02-2021, 04:41 PM,
(06-02-2021, 01:06 AM)majog Wrote: Since Jason will have the new VN game out soon, I wanted to know if there is any interest in one last DGVN Tourney.   Already have at least one other yes.   Would like to get at least 6 plays.   Rules and other info to be posted if there is an interest.

I will definitely play in the Tournament.

Yossarian's Comments on DGVN;

I know that I'm in the minority (story of my life) but I'm sometimes amazed at the lack of interest in DGVN. You have all of the elements for an exciting and fun game. Most of the scenarios express the stress, shock & the unknown element of combat & sometimes you can even feel the heat, humidity & smell the rotting jungle. And where else can you experience the simulated feeling of being a Grunt in a Chopper coming into a hot LZ. 

And then there's the Grunt's experience...the US & ARVN are almost always outnumbered while performing Sweeps and Search & Destroy missions in Indian Country and desperately trying to avoid ambushes & booby traps. And then there's the NVA/VC who have strength in numbers, high morale and a fanaticism that is reminiscent of the Japanese Bushido Code but have to face American artillery, air power and the firepower of allied ground units. They are a fanatical & fearsome opponent.

And the allies have Arc Light Strikes, Spooky Gunships, Jet Napalm strikes and also Bird Dogs and ground support aircraft and Cobra Gunships that are controlled on the board by the player . And Hueys for troop transport and assaults.

And let us not forget that DGVN is the only Command Series game to take into account the civilians on both sides and the penalties for killing them.

So I hope that I've sparked some interest into what may possibly be the Last Hurrah for a great game. 

If interested in Majog's DGVN Tournament please let him know.

Thanks,
Yossarian   Smoke6
06-04-2021, 06:03 PM,
I am in.
Send this user an email