• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Die Brucken (The Bridges)
05-25-2021, 10:58 PM,
Opponent Wanted  Die Brucken (The Bridges)
Looking to play "The Bridges". It's a large scenario and one I truly enjoy playing. Anyone interested?

Regards:  TJ
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2021, 11:32 PM,
RE: Die Brucken (The Bridges)
(05-25-2021, 10:58 PM)ScoutsOut Wrote: Looking to play "The Bridges". It's a large scenario and one I truly enjoy playing. Anyone interested?

You could play the game we started.
05-30-2021, 07:01 AM,
Damn ya Thad, I'm gonna have to go and update the dang thing.. Just because there's a few quirks that some can exploit, and there's not enough Centurions to tangle with the Kitty Cats... (well in some opinions.. I thought the 76 Sherman used properly, could dance)
Ah well..
Any opinions of this scenario, can be emailed to me, for consideration.

I do have a map almost completed, for the 2nd design in my series.. Das Karminrot

Dev
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-30-2021, 01:44 PM,
(05-30-2021, 07:01 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Damn ya Thad, I'm gonna have to go and update the dang thing..  Just because there's a few quirks that some can exploit, and there's not enough Centurions to tangle with the Kitty Cats... (well in some opinions.. I thought the 76 Sherman used properly, could dance)
Ah well..

I do have a map almost completed, for the 2nd design in my series.. Das Karminrot

Dev

The scenario is in favor of the allies. More allied tanks? The numbers of allied armor is overwhelming. In my humble opinion.
06-01-2021, 07:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 07:52 AM by RedDevil.)
(05-30-2021, 01:44 PM)zap Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 07:01 AM)RedDevil Wrote: Damn ya Thad, I'm gonna have to go and update the dang thing..  Just because there's a few quirks that some can exploit, and there's not enough Centurions to tangle with the Kitty Cats... (well in some opinions.. I thought the 76 Sherman used properly, could dance)
Ah well..

Dev

The scenario is in favor of the allies. More allied tanks? The numbers of allied armor is overwhelming. In my humble opinion.

Soap Box  I disagree Phil. however I will review your perspective... The axis powers, have the range with the German armor, and the mass, with the Soviet armor..as well as the INF mass... I was under the impression, that many players, failed to grasp that allied advantage, in shoot and scoot, as well as the INF AT firepower.. the Brit units are certainly not used in their best advantages..  the 17lber is the king of the field.. use it like a king, and let the pawns, take the damage.. however, use your Panzers to pin the enemy, Art to disrupt them, and the T34's to overrun them..SMGs to assault the hardcore feckers and you will win every time...  Well... that's just the designer's Thoughts.. :)

I design, with a bit of complexity in mind, not just brute pushing of the shields.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-02-2021, 12:02 AM,
(05-25-2021, 11:32 PM)kernel t Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 10:58 PM)ScoutsOut Wrote: Looking to play "The Bridges". It's a large scenario and one I truly enjoy playing. Anyone interested?

I sent the file but never heard back.  If it's my fault, my deepest apologies. Can we start over?

06-02-2021, 12:11 AM,
(05-25-2021, 11:32 PM)kernel t Wrote:

I just checked and what I must have mistaken you for another opponent.  If we have or had a game going, I must have somehow misplaced it, forgotten.  Will you be so kind as to refresh my memory?  Never intend to leave anyone hanging although it did happen recently due to circumstances beyond my control.  No offense was meant and pray none was taken.

06-02-2021, 12:16 AM,
Ah well..

Dev

Yeah Randy, you do need to get busy with that.  Been waiting for you to get off your back side and get busy..LOL...One day you and I are going to have to play this thing.  Many thanks for your efforts my friend.

06-02-2021, 08:30 AM,
(06-01-2021, 07:44 AM)RedDevil Wrote:
Ah well..

Dev

Soap Box  I disagree Phil. however I will review your perspective... The axis powers, have the range with the German armor, and the mass, with the Soviet armor..as well as the INF mass... I was under the impression, that many players, failed to grasp that allied advantage, in shoot and scoot, as well as the INF AT firepower.. the Brit units are certainly not used in their best advantages..  the 17lber is the king of the field.. use it like a king, and let the pawns, take the damage.. however, use your Panzers to pin the enemy, Art to disrupt them, and the T34's to overrun them..SMGs to assault the hardcore feckers and you will win every time...  Well... that's just the designer's Thoughts.. :)

I design, with a bit of complexity in mind, not just brute pushing of the shields.

Hi Randy I like the scenario very much but it does need balance. And yes, its in favor of the allies. If you read the reports of those who have played it it verifies that fact. The win loss record is deceiving.  Those German victory's came between players who were at opposite poles of skill level.

These would be my ideas to balance it out. It may need a combination of these.
1. Russian armor is no match for what the allies bring to the table. Maybe consider adding more artillery Or beef up the armor (more KV's)
2. Or consider brining down the number of para drop troops on the side where the rusians are advancing.
3. RIVER CROSSINGS SHOULD BE REDUCED. If nothing else
4. Shorten the distance the Axis have to travel to get to the river.( by 8 to 10 hexes.)
5. Reduce the number of allied armor.

I do appreciate you doing this scenario. With some tweaking the balance would make it much more challenging. Already, the scenario has a long playability. Each time you play one has so many different options. The battle does not grow old.