• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Modern Air Power
05-24-2021, 06:44 AM,
Modern Air Power
Owning and playing a certain amount of paper wargames dealing with air combat, I recently took to trying JTS’ Modern Air Power series of which I have the two released games plus the demo.

Apparently there is no love for these games, to the point that the very few messages related to them are hosted on the naval sub-forum.

Is there any reason for that?
And is there a place, another forum, where this series gets discussed?
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2021, 07:28 PM,
RE: Modern Air Power
(05-24-2021, 06:44 AM)SG Wrote: And is there a place, another forum, where this series gets discussed?

Not to my knowledge and it's a shame since they are really good games.
05-26-2021, 12:40 AM,
This forum was at one time titled Air and Sea, or something to that effect. I'll let those who are better versed chime in, but this was the place for those games.
06-01-2021, 12:09 PM,
Hi SG1,

I have played this style of airpower game with CMANO, updated to COMMAND. It can be a lot of fun. The idea of H2H with this would be interesting I am sure.

If you are proficient in this game would you be interested in posting a primer on how to play?

L
06-02-2021, 05:55 AM,
(05-24-2021, 06:44 AM)SG1 Wrote: Owning and playing a certain amount of paper wargames dealing with air combat, I recently took to trying JTS’ Modern Air Power series of which I have the two released games plus the demo.

Apparently there is no love for these games, to the point that the very few messages related to them are hosted on the naval sub-forum.

Yes, years ago this forum section used to include "Air" in the title however, due to no one ever talking about Air related topics, we changed it to just be listed as Naval.

If you, wish to talk and ask about Air related stuff, this would be the place to do it.

I am also not aware of any other forum that talks or discuses about Air related topics.
06-03-2021, 08:06 PM,
(05-24-2021, 06:44 AM)SG1 Wrote: Owning and playing a certain amount of paper wargames dealing with air combat, I recently took to trying JTS’ Modern Air Power series of which I have the two released games plus the demo.

As you will see I'm not much of an air warrior!  But I have put together an introduction to Modern Airpower via the War Over Vietnam module.

MAP WOV Intro
06-08-2021, 08:21 AM,
Been having a play with the WOV Scenario Editor.  See Link below.

Have an issue with the Missile dialogue, supporting AAA option.  When I select this option the SA2 does not fire but the AAA does.  It appears that selecting this option over-rides the SA2, i.e., the SA2 does not fire!  I am sure this is not intended as there is a separate dialogue for entering discrete AAA units.

WOV Scenario Editor
06-24-2021, 06:40 AM,
(06-08-2021, 08:21 AM)Lethal Wrote: Been having a play with the WOV Scenario Editor.  See Link below.

Have an issue with the Missile dialogue, supporting AAA option.  When I select this option the SA2 does not fire but the AAA does.  It appears that selecting this option over-rides the SA2, i.e., the SA2 does not fire!  I am sure this is not intended as there is a separate dialogue for entering discrete AAA units.

Just so I don't get the wrong end of the stick here.... can you attach your test scenario to this thread? I watched your YouTube video (in fact I'd already watched it so I watched it again) and I didn't see you add a AAA option to your SA-2 sites, so I'm guessing you did this outside of the recording.

Andy.

P.S. Keep up the MAP videos... there are very few good MAP videos out there and I've enjoyed the ones you've done so far.
WDS Modern Air Power | WDS Naval Campaigns | WDS Squad Battles | WDS Strategic War
06-24-2021, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-24-2021, 10:49 AM by Lethal.)
(06-24-2021, 06:40 AM)parmenio Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 08:21 AM)Lethal Wrote: Been having a play with the WOV Scenario Editor.  See Link below.

Just so I don't get the wrong end of the stick here.... can you attach your test scenario to this thread? I watched your YouTube video (in fact I'd already watched it so I watched it again) and I didn't see you add a AAA option to your SA-2 sites, so I'm guessing you did this outside of the recording.

Andy.

P.S. Keep up the MAP videos... there are very few good MAP videos out there and I've enjoyed the ones you've done so far.

Hello Parmenio,

Thanks for the encouragement!

There is not a lot available re MAP.  It is a case of trial and error going through the provided manuals.

The test range scenario is a good one to start with.  Rather easy once you get a feel for the scenario editor.

The AAA comment was about some testing I was doing after making the vid.  The "test range" is a little different from the original in the video but nothing too difficult to edit if you wish.

Try this link - you may have to type or paste it into the address bar:

http://www.users.on.net/~jennnie/JTS/mySA2testrange.rar

Cheers,