• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Impossible Mission Suez Crossing in MC Middle East
05-17-2021, 02:55 AM,
Help  Impossible Mission Suez Crossing in MC Middle East
Gentlemen,

I just bought Modern Campaigns Middle East after playing Squad Battles before.

For me, the beginner's 6 turn scenario Suez Crossing is an impossible mission. After more then 20 attempts I am going to ask here in this forum: Did anybody ever succeed playing the arabs? I always take 3 or 4 targets and eliminate most of the defending infantry and tank units, but still never have enough points even for a minor victory. After finishing a first bridge I move nearly all units on the other side of the canal and take the emplacements near the canal. After that the tanks and infantry are moving in direction of the other targets.

I tried even matches with two AIs, but the arab AI also never gains a victory and I want to understand, what I am doing wrong, before starting more complex scenarios.

I was searching a while for hints in this forums, but Modern Campaigns Middle East seems to be much less popular than the Panzer Campaigns and even less than the Campaign Serie Middle East, which apparently is not available anymore on the JTS site.

Thanks for any hint, how to gain a victory in this scenario
Tom
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2021, 03:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2021, 03:08 AM by Compass Rose.)
RE: Impossible Mission Suez Crossing in MC Middle East
(05-17-2021, 02:55 AM)tom1973 Wrote: Gentlemen,

For me, the beginner's 6 turn scenario Suez Crossing is an impossible mission. After more then 20 attempts I am going to ask here in this forum: Did anybody ever succeed playing the arabs? I always take 3 or 4 targets and eliminate most of the defending infantry and tank units, but still never have enough points even for a minor victory. After finishing a first bridge I move nearly all units on the other side of the canal and take the emplacements near the canal. After that the tanks and infantry are moving in direction of the other targets.

I tried even matches with two AIs, but the arab AI also never gains a victory and I want to understand, what I am doing wrong, before starting more complex scenarios.

I was searching a while for hints in this forums, but Modern Campaigns Middle East seems to be much less popular than the Panzer Campaigns and even less than the Campaign Serie Middle East, which apparently is not available anymore on the JTS site.

Tom

[Image: 50ce15bfab98212195206.0374966001326794744.gif]

I'll leave your scenario question to someone who owns the game, as I do not.

As for the Campaign Series Middle East, that was never available on the JTS site as that is a Matrix title which can be found here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/campaig...-1948-1985
05-17-2021, 03:44 AM,
(05-17-2021, 02:55 AM)tom1973 Wrote: Gentlemen,

Tom

Since it's a Getting Started scenario I don't know how much I'd put into the victory conditions.  Sounds like you're doing everything right if you across the canal.
05-17-2021, 04:20 AM,
Sometimes the Getting Started scenarios are written just to show you the basics and how to do things and really isn't balanced for full play through.
05-17-2021, 06:14 AM,
Unless anyone has played this scenario recently it will be impossible to give anything more than a general response to the points you raised, it is the case that there are some very unbalanced scenarios in the older titles and as the other guys have said Getting Started scenarios are mainly included as a learning tool rather than a serious scenario, so I wouldn't read too much into the result, try other scenario's and see what results you get there.  Wink
05-17-2021, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2021, 02:11 PM by Lethal.)
Oops! Just read the getting started file! Suggests same as I mentioned.

... and no, I could not achieve a victory!
05-17-2021, 05:08 PM,
Thank you all, for your responses. So I will leave this first scenario without a victory and try my best with the next one...

@Compass Rose
Thanks for the link to the Campaign Series. I will give this game also a try.