• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Kiev '43 - Released!
05-14-2021, 12:46 PM,
Panzer Campaigns Kiev '43 - Released!
Hi All,

As posted elsewhere, JTS & WDS have just released Panzer Campaigns - Kiev '43.

[Image: Post%2020210514_01.jpg]

The JTS details & store page is here: JTS Page
The WDS announcement blog post is here: WDS Link

We hope you enjoy this new title.

David
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2021, 08:43 PM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns Kiev '43 - Released!
GREAT!  Helmet Smile

Christmas time in May!
05-14-2021, 09:40 PM,
Great, awesome campaign to cover. I'm going to have to buy this one, even though I already have a few PzC games that I've not had time to play.
05-15-2021, 01:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2021, 01:36 AM by ComradeP.)
And it's here!

Dedication it to John Tiller is very appropriate.

Incidentally, the point made that several other projects are being worked on shows the wisdom of Mr. Tiller when he created several smaller teams with their own responsibilities for various titles.

As discussed with numerous Blitz members by mail, other development teams from well-known designers probably wouldn't last long if the designer would pass away due to the designer calling all the shots.

I like that Trenches only provide -20% firepower reduction.

Though the Japan titles had some quality control issues, I do have to say that the additional documents like turn tracks and programmed weather overviews in a more readable format than the weather.dat file are appreciated.
05-15-2021, 04:17 AM,
Great news!  Big Grin
05-15-2021, 05:45 AM,
As always the Notes.pdf on the game is a great read. A tin of my favourite brew and some time alone at my PC to sit and read through the notes.

I'm always amazed at the amount of research and hard work that has gone into each game.

Thank You Sign 

Ian in Dundee
05-15-2021, 05:55 AM,
(05-15-2021, 05:45 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: As always the Notes.pdf on the game is a great read. A tin of my favourite brew and some time alone at my PC to sit and read through the notes.

I'm always amazed at the amount of research and hard work that has gone into each game.

Thank You Sign 

Ian in Dundee

I did that very thing last night! Amazing reading and I totally agree with the amount of research and effort that is done.
05-15-2021, 07:04 AM,
(05-15-2021, 05:45 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: As always the Notes.pdf on the game is a great read. A tin of my favourite brew and some time alone at my PC to sit and read through the notes.

Thank You Sign 

Ian in Dundee

Well said, Ian. I could not agree more. I am looking forward to trying this one. I think this is Panzer Campaigns at its best when it brings to life a neglected aspect of the fighting on the eastern front. Not just a game but an education.  

John
05-17-2021, 03:03 PM,
Why do some German infantry units have HA: 2/0 SA: 9/1 and others HA: 4/1 SA: 6/1?

Improved (infantry) AT weapons were slowly trickling in at this point, so I can understand the hard attack values not being equal, but why do numerous infantry units use the same SA value as security units?
05-17-2021, 11:00 PM,
(05-17-2021, 03:03 PM)ComradeP Wrote: Why do some German infantry units have HA: 2/0 SA: 9/1 and others HA: 4/1 SA: 6/1?

Improved (infantry) AT weapons were slowly trickling in at this point, so I can understand the hard attack values not being equal, but why do numerous infantry units use the same SA value as security units?

I am checking on this with the OOB designer. I believe there is an error in the infantry values generally, but I don't expect it to be materially different in the larger scheme of things. The German foot infantry should be : HA: 5/1 SA: 7/1. The HA: 2/0 SA: 9/1 is an old motorised infantry value (1939-42) and has been put against the the wrong component. They should also be the aforementioned HA: 5/1 SA: 7/1. The panzergrenadier divisions are correct etc The primary variance is on the 43 Gren co 6 (ft) component.

More once I talk to the rest of the team.

David