• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns updates
05-13-2021, 12:47 AM,
Panzer Campaigns updates
Any word on when the remaining 10 games are going to be updated?
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2021, 12:50 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns updates
(05-13-2021, 12:47 AM)Bioman Wrote: Any word on when the remaining 10 games are going to be updated?

Yes, very soon - I am working on them all currently...

Events that are now apparent have been an influence.

David
05-13-2021, 10:29 PM,
(05-13-2021, 12:50 AM)Strela Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 12:47 AM)Bioman Wrote: Any word on when the remaining 10 games are going to be updated?

David

These are just GUI  and other benign type charges or will these change the actual  combat values, OOB and movement factors ?  In other words the way the Game  looks and not the way it play ?

Rich
05-15-2021, 01:32 PM,
(05-13-2021, 10:29 PM)Fog of War Wrote: These are just GUI  and other benign type charges or will these change the actual  combat values, OOB and movement factors ?  In other words the way the Game  looks and not the way it play ?

Rich

There are no changes to combat values, OOB's or movement values. In some cases new versions of user mod's (Indragnir's) are being added. But the updates are primarily about the improved graphics.

Scheldt '44 is an exception as this was the first update and there where a number of alterations and corrections plus some new scenarios. There may also be some bug fixes and alterations required for a handful of other titles.

For the updates already completed you can see a complete list of changes for a particular title by looking at its change log in the update section on the JTS website. This will also give you a good indication of the likely changes that will be made in titles not yet updated.
05-16-2021, 05:55 AM,
Thanks very much Green, that is great news for me. the JTS  PzOps games are so comfortable to play , and so consistently uniform in the GUI and combat functions, that getting use to one makes all titles a pleasure to enter.
05-16-2021, 01:24 PM,
Yes Rich, you have hit the nail on the head. Given the large and expanding number of PzC titles, consistency is increasingly important.

John
05-16-2021, 07:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2021, 05:56 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
The PzC series was getting soooo complicated with different designers taking different approach's to their titles, if you didn't know the history it makes it harder for new players to break into the series, it would be good if this can be addressed and we will see much more consistency across all the titles.   Wink
05-17-2021, 11:59 PM,
Tell me about it.
Recently got involved in a Normandy game on Omaha after not having played it for many years.
I find it nearly impossible to hurt the Germans in defenses with the Alternative Air Strike and Alternative Assault Resolution Default rules. In the past I could normally take all the defenses by night fall suffering heavy losses but in my current game one turn before nightfall and I have only taken 3 hexes.
Will make sure not to use the default rules in the future.
06-07-2021, 04:31 AM,

David

Sorry to bother but any news on the updates?
06-07-2021, 06:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 06:01 PM by Strela.)
(06-07-2021, 04:31 AM)DerGrenadier89 Wrote:

David

Sorry to bother but any news on the updates?

They are being worked on. There are a number of additional factors that are slowing the process. With the new hi-res graphics, the terrain set that has been used for Europe has had to be replaced/re-done for the Pacific, Tunisian, Sicilian and Desert titles. There is also, in many cases specific graphical icons for each title and that adds to the required time to update.

There are also some third party mods (Indragnir's) that need to be integrated and reviewed and there is timing involved there as well.

We are also going back and updating the Getting Started manuals as well as reviewing some non-standard titles like the Japan series to align them with the previous releases and all of this is an additional time sink.

Please be patient as we are trying to get as much into the upcoming series of updates.

Thanks,

David