• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Battlestorm Stalingrad Series
05-10-2021, 09:15 AM,
Battlestorm Stalingrad Series
This is one of the best video series I have seen in a long time. Very applicable to PzC since most of his maps/discussion is at the regimental/battalion level. Well researched, well documented. I see many possible scenarios for Stalingrad '42!

Battlestorm Stalingrad (TIK)
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2021, 09:25 AM,
RE: Battlestorm Stalingrad Series
Looks really interesting.

Thanks for sharing!
05-10-2021, 11:00 AM,
Yes, I have been following it. The level of detail is well beyond anything I seen before. If he can maintain the same standard through to the end it will be an extraordinary feat. Still a very long way to go.
05-10-2021, 08:36 PM,
It´s great, his other series are great as well but this one is extraordinary. There are tons of scenarios that can be produced..working on something myself for months already. The worst part of figuring out the Soviet OOB is hopefully done, their tank forces are a nightmare and even TIK made some mistakes regarding the numbers. It´s absolutely understandable as the sources are totally contradicting themselves, not speaking about when compared to each others..

This is a quick shot of a Jump Map..far from having all of the Soviet forces on the map, but the 62nd and 64th Armies are completely on the map. Nor promising anything though, I take working on this as a relax, so my pace is sometimes great, sometimes fine, sometimes none at all  Helmet Smile

Might post few more screenshots if you wish.

Attached Files
.png   JM1.PNG (Size: 76.05 KB / Downloads: 30)
05-11-2021, 05:28 AM,
I too have been watching this series.
TIK is one of the few YouTube based history producers who actually cites his sources in writing captions on screen as he speaks so one knows the relevance of his points of facts. He also cites when the information of different sources conflict. A very insightful look at the Stalingrad campaign in the summer and fall of 1942.
As other mentioned, his work on other WW2 campaigns is very good.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-11-2021, 10:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 10:07 PM by Indragnir.)
TIK on Stalingrad is quite good so far.
He used the best sources available, specially Jason D. Mark.

It's going to be fun when he reaches Chir River battles, the long flanks and the myriad of Kampfgruppen over the Chir and the steppes. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to just the big gruppen level of detail, I wish he tries to go deeper... (says while trying to set Stumpfeld timeline of forces, merging, absorbing, transferring, reinforcements, loans, casualties, on leave, stragglers...)
05-12-2021, 10:36 AM,
(05-10-2021, 09:15 AM)LordDeadwood Wrote: This is one of the best video series I have seen in a long time. Very applicable to PzC since most of his maps/discussion is at the regimental/battalion level. Well researched, well documented. I see many possible scenarios for Stalingrad '42!

Battlestorm Stalingrad (TIK)

Excellent! Thank you for sharing.