• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help in CMRT Fire & Rumble
05-10-2021, 03:29 AM,
Help  Help in CMRT Fire & Rumble
I have the problem that I cannot request air strikes.I use a Forward Observer Section HQ as directed.But if I click on the airplane symbol, the airplane is crossed out with the remark "En Route". I haven't even assigned a destination to the plane yet.
No matter which side I choose (whether German or Russian) or which aircraft types, I cannot request an air strike!Weather is clear and dry.
Air attack works in all other games and modules, but not in CMRT Fire & Rumble. Is that a bug? Or do you have to do something else?
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2021, 07:13 AM,
RE: Help in CMRT Fire & Rumble
I'm not sure of which scenario you are working on but it may be one in which the air support is pre-planned. An example from a non-F&R battle is Gates of Warsaw where both sides have pre-planned air support as part of the scenario design.
05-10-2021, 08:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 08:58 PM by Westland.)
@Stonecutter

I just chose a quick battle with a city map.
I uninstalled the whole game and the main game too.Then only CMRT installed without Fire & Rumble.And I can't request air support there either. If you can request air support, tell me a map or parameters that are necessary for it.
The confusing thing is that one is always shown "En Route".There is nothing you can do about it.No goal,no cancel.

[Image: kldmfzxx.jpg]
05-10-2021, 11:55 PM,
In Red Thunder you don't get to call or control air strikes. They come when they come.

Which is apparently more accurate for WW2 where most CAS was not directed from near by where the attacks were taking place.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
05-11-2021, 02:46 AM,
@ A Canadian Cat

Thank you for the info.So it's just like the old CM games.
05-11-2021, 03:46 AM,
It's been so long since I played the CM1 games but sounds like it.
Author of: Whose Turn Is It? - http://www.lesliesoftware.com/products/WhoseTurnIsIt / CMFI Sicily Pathfinders(not playable H2H) / CMBS Opportunity Knocks (scenarios, maps and mods here)
05-11-2021, 11:43 PM,
(05-10-2021, 11:55 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: In Red Thunder you don't get to call or control air strikes. They come when they come.

Which is apparently more accurate for WW2 where most CAS was not directed from near by where the attacks were taking place.

I knew you would have the correct answer! That does make a lot of sense on the Russian front where everything was centralized at very high levels. For the western front, the allied cab rank approach would explain why you can call in missions in CMBN and CMFI although even this is probably stretching it in terms of WWII close air support.
05-12-2021, 02:07 AM,
(05-11-2021, 11:43 PM)Stonecutter Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 11:55 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: In Red Thunder you don't get to call or control air strikes. They come when they come.

I knew you would have the correct answer! That does make a lot of sense on the Russian front where everything was centralized at very high levels. For the western front, the allied cab rank approach would explain why you can call in missions in CMBN and CMFI although even this is probably stretching it in terms of WWII close air support.

Yeah, it is a bit of a stretch especially for the earlier years in CMFI but that mechanic isn't set up to be year dependent. At least I don't thing so. Also CMBN having the Germans be able to call is a stretch too.