• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Non-Foot infantry unit VP's in OOB vs. in-game
05-09-2021, 04:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2021, 04:51 AM by ComradeP.)
Non-Foot infantry unit VP's in OOB vs. in-game
Something that I keep forgetting to ask: does anyone know if the unit VP's in the OOB are "hard-coded" into the in-game scenarios or correctly "transformed" to match the in-game situation?

For example: non-Foot infantry units tend to have low Defense values, which are modified in-game by the Infantry Defense value for Deployed units in the Parameter Data dialog. The same goes for Infantry Speed. Speed values in the OOB are higher as motorized movement is used as a base.

As a result, losses in men might be cheaper or more expensive in terms of VP's OOB overview than they should be based on what their actual stats are in-game and I'm wondering if a correction is made in-game to rectify that.
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2021, 06:20 AM,
RE: Non-Foot infantry unit VP's in OOB vs. in-game
The VP values used are those in the OOB, which are themselves hard-coded. There are no in-game adjustments.

But since a number of factors go into determining the VP value of a unit, the changes you are talking about would not radically change the values. And in the overall scheme of a scenario a few VP's here or there would not usually be decisive.

Are you thinking this is a big issue or just something you wanted clarified? It is hard to imagine that any change is likely.
05-09-2021, 05:39 PM,
RE: Non-Foot infantry unit VP's in OOB vs. in-game
It's mostly something that I wanted clarified.

It could be an issue in longer campaign scenarios with numerous non-Foot units where the "missing" points can add up over time, but even in those scenarios a few hundred points, or even a thousand, might not be decisive as you say.