• Downloads

Wine, mac, crossover
05-09-2021, 01:06 AM,
Wine, mac, crossover
Anybody ever get these games to work on a mac
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2021, 05:17 AM,
RE: Wine, mac, crossover
(05-09-2021, 01:06 AM)Coachjohn Wrote: Anybody ever get these games to work on a mac

I know the answer is yes, but I don't know who or how. Probably with a PC emulator. I know someone used a linux machine too, but probably the same way.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-10-2021, 05:23 AM,
Here's a free one if you feel like experimenting: https://techsviewer.com/run-windows-10-i...e-emulator. I've done it on Macs, but not in twenty years, so I have no idea what I used. It was really slow in those days and buggy, so I assume this is world's apart. I run linux occasionally on my PC. You'd never know. Pretty sure this will be the same, or one like it.

Hope that helps.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-10-2021, 10:24 AM,
Maybe with a minor glitch or two, I have had very good success running John Tiller games on Linux PCs with Wine. As recently as a year ago, the latest Campaign Series code under development was seen to run fine using Wine on a Linux PC.

I couldn't say how well it all runs on a Mac, though.