• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Isolation question
05-04-2021, 07:32 PM,
Isolation question
Hi, playing Smolensk 41 and I can't understand why the two Russian units in this shot are not Isolated? Is there a rule in this particular title that allows units to trace over a blown bridge?

[Image: Capture4.PNG]
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2021, 07:49 PM,
RE: Isolation question
Is the other unit an engineer unit?
:(
05-04-2021, 08:03 PM,
(05-04-2021, 07:49 PM)unonimus Wrote: Is the other unit an engineer unit?

No, here they are:

[Image: Capture5.PNG]
05-04-2021, 09:03 PM,
Is it the Russian turn? The Isolation will not take effect until the start of the Russian turn.
05-04-2021, 09:06 PM,
Nope, they've been there for 3 turns I think.
05-04-2021, 09:37 PM,
(05-04-2021, 09:06 PM)CountryBoy Wrote: Nope, they've been there for 3 turns I think.

Not sure which units you are referring to when you say "they've been there". All I am really wanting to know is if it is the Russian turn in the image shown.
05-04-2021, 11:47 PM,
He means 'no, it's not the Russian turn' and in any case those units have been there at the cut-off-from-their-own-lines-side of the blown bridge for three turns without appearing as isolated, I believe.
05-05-2021, 12:43 AM,
Possible idea:

Using the Local Supply Values option of the View Menu in the Main Program, it is possible to toggle the display of Local Supply Values in each friendly hex on the map.

See what is displayed for those units.
05-05-2021, 02:39 AM,
Can you check if the hex those two Russian units are in contains a on map supply source?
05-05-2021, 06:01 AM,
The two Russian units are not on a supply source. But if the Germans units were not present the Russians units could trace a supply line on their side of the river. The river shown is the Dnepr, roughly 70 kms west of Smolensk. Russians on both sides of the river will generally be able to trace a line of supply unless German units prevent it.

So it is the Germans that will cause the isolation, not the blown bridge by itself . Some or all of the German units shown presumably moved to their locations during the current turn. Once the turn is ended, the Russian units in question will be Isolated at the start of their turn.