• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WITE2 - worth the cost?
05-31-2021, 01:16 PM,
RE: WITE2 - worth the cost?
I have WITE1 and WITW1. I'm sure that if you are into this style of game, it will be worth the cost of entry, even the full price! I'm sure I will pick it up at some stage in the future.

Having said that, I love the detail and I hate the detail! 520 pages is a monster manual. Is there a printer friendly manual?

At the moment getting my counter pushing itch done with Tiller's Panzer Campaigns series. Much easier to digest!
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2021, 11:45 AM,
Thanks for the feedback guys. I do own WITE 1 and am currently playing as Russia, it is Dec 5 1941 and the Germans have not captured Smolensk and are not close to Leningrad, this on challenging mode so I guess the next step is hard. The random weather of WITE 2 is what intrigues me. As for my current game situation I can only guess that movement FOW is what is confusing the AI; I will probably play out my winter counter attacks and then end the game and start over.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
06-03-2021, 09:04 AM,
(06-01-2021, 11:45 AM)Weasel Wrote: Thanks for the feedback guys.  I do own WITE 1 and am currently playing as Russia, it is Dec 5 1941 and the Germans have not captured Smolensk and are not close to Leningrad, this on challenging mode so I guess the next step is hard.  The random weather of WITE 2 is what intrigues me.  As for my current game situation I can only guess that movement FOW is what is confusing the AI; I will probably play out my winter counter attacks and then end the game and start over.

The AI is so much better in WitE2.  I think if you are playing the AI you'd want it for that reason alone.
06-04-2021, 08:02 AM,
(06-03-2021, 09:04 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 11:45 AM)Weasel Wrote: Thanks for the feedback guys.  I do own WITE 1 and am currently playing as Russia, it is Dec 5 1941 and the Germans have not captured Smolensk and are not close to Leningrad, this on challenging mode so I guess the next step is hard.  The random weather of WITE 2 is what intrigues me.  As for my current game situation I can only guess that movement FOW is what is confusing the AI; I will probably play out my winter counter attacks and then end the game and start over.

The AI is so much better in WitE2.  I think if you are playing the AI you'd want it for that reason alone.

I have it on my wish list for Nov/Dec when the price is hopefully less, just can't swing $100 for a game.  Have you tried playing with movement FoW enabled for the AI, I think that is the culprit of the "stupid" AI.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-24-2022, 01:16 AM,
I was a play tester for WITE 1 and wrote the Bootcamp pdf. I was burnt out and stepped away for 5 years. I rejoined as a play tester for WITE 2 in 2018 and had to relearn everything, during play testing I picked up WITW so I could learn the new air war. I have recently wrote 2 PDFs for the new version, one on the air war first turn for the Axis and a mini (incomplete) tutorial for the Minsk scenario. I think WITE2 is well worth the price and by far is better than the first.

IMHO of course.
01-24-2022, 03:08 AM,
(06-04-2021, 08:02 AM)Weasel Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 09:04 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote:

I have it on my wish list for Nov/Dec when the price is hopefully less, just can't swing $100 for a game.  Have you tried playing with movement FoW enabled for the AI, I think that is the culprit of the "stupid" AI.

I used my coupon at the Blitz for the number of years being a member there. Mine was 50% off. however, I don't own WitE1. More for supporting Matrix Games then playing it. Hope you can use coupon for a good reduction of price.