• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

John Tiller
04-29-2021, 09:11 PM,
John Tiller
Just in case you haven't noticed the threads in other forums, John Tiller has passed away.

I first knew of him when I bought the Battleground games back in 1999. Great guy and great products. The great God of Wargaming as far as I'm concerned. I'm told JTS games will continue, and I'm sure will thrive, under the direction of Rich Hamilton and David Freer.
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2021, 12:21 AM,
RE: John Tiller
Unhappy news - my thoughts with his friends and family. I know nothing of Mr. Tiller personally, but I'm grateful to him for his contribution to a hobby I've enjoyed for more than four decades.

I apologise for my ignorance, but I wonder if someone can tell me about Rich Hamilton and David Freer - are they known by screen-names here? Have they been involved in JTS project until now? In any case, my thanks to them for continuing Mr. Tiller's project, which has already (despite having arrived here the day before yesterday) given me many hours of pleasure and enjoyment.
04-30-2021, 12:41 AM,
Rich H does frequent the boards. He, along with Bill Peters, were the project managers for the Napoleonics series games. Rich is the point of contact when you email JT Software. Really helpful guy.
05-03-2021, 04:04 AM,
(04-29-2021, 09:11 PM)agmoss99 Wrote: Just in case you haven't noticed the threads in other forums, John Tiller has passed away.

I first knew of him when I bought the Battleground games back in 1999. Great guy and great products. The great God of Wargaming as far as I'm concerned. I'm told JTS games will continue, and I'm sure will thrive, under the direction of Rich Hamilton and David Freer.

Sad news indeed these games have been giving me immense pleasure for over two decades.  I am sure they will be maintained by the present squad as a memorial to John.
05-03-2021, 01:14 PM,
(05-03-2021, 04:04 AM)Chosen Man Wrote: Sad news indeed these games have been giving me immense pleasure for over two decades.  I am sure they will be maintained by the present squad as a memorial to John.

I agree. That would be the most fitting tribute to John and his work.  They all seem to be hard workers and I've always had a good experience with the JTS website.
05-04-2021, 01:25 AM,
(05-03-2021, 04:04 AM)Chosen Man Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 09:11 PM)agmoss99 Wrote: Just in case you haven't noticed the threads in other forums, John Tiller has passed away.

Sad news indeed these games have been giving me immense pleasure for over two decades.  I am sure they will be maintained by the present squad as a memorial to John.

Rich has said on the JTS Opponent Group that things will be continuing.  I'll leave it up to him to lay out more of the details as time goes on, but we are keeping on, keeping on.
Scenario Designer JTS Midway JTS Seven Years War JTS Wolfpack WDS Kriegsmarine