• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I just read of John Tillers passing on april 26th
04-30-2021, 10:01 AM,
RE: I just read of John Tillers passing on april 26th
(04-30-2021, 04:42 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:01 PM)Mesquite Wrote: I wonder what does this mean for John Tiller software. Is it going to be defunct or are others going to continue his legacy?

Very sad news indeed, been enjoying his various game series for as long as I can remember, thoughts go out to his friends and family. 

I would hope at the very least the present games would continue to be supported, but with new titles in the pipeline my hope is that a plan has been put in place to see the various series continue for a few years at least, I never met John but I would imagine he would have wanted us to continue to enjoy his various game series even after his passing.

Perhaps if David/Rich responds to this thread they could shed more light on this subject.

John was working towards retirement over the last couple of years...so yes, there was a plan, and yes, JTS will continue on. More to follow when I can compose myself.
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2021, 10:11 AM,
(04-29-2021, 06:47 AM)Landser34 Wrote: I just read of John Tillers passing on Facebook my prayers and sympathies to his family.

https://georgiacremation.com/obituary/jo...rt-tiller/
 Looked up the web, 67 from brain cancer, too soon, unfair and just not right. How much elation I felt when that talon-soft logo would appear (Gettysburg and Campaign series - East front and Rising sun). It has been for decades his vision and production has sustained and entertained me.

Without him I would still be rattling die cups alone, and not enjoying the challenge of competition. Not to mention the anticipation of the next email bringing news and turns. Shocked and saddened. Deepest sympathy for all touched by this huge loss.
04-30-2021, 12:16 PM,
Mr. Tiller will be deeply missed. My deepest condolences to his family for their loss. May he rest in peace and his talents live on for others to enjoy.
05-01-2021, 01:33 AM,
I just read of John Tillers passing on april 26th
Thank you Sir for the pleasure you give us with your games.
 A thought for your family and loved ones.

Regards,

Pat
05-01-2021, 04:42 AM,
(04-30-2021, 10:01 AM)rahamy Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 07:01 PM)Mesquite Wrote: I wonder what does this mean for John Tiller software. Is it going to be defunct or are others going to continue his legacy?

Very sad news indeed, been enjoying his various game series for as long as I can remember, thoughts go out to his friends and family. 

I would hope at the very least the present games would continue to be supported, but with new titles in the pipeline my hope is that a plan has been put in place to see the various series continue for a few years at least, I never met John but I would imagine he would have wanted us to continue to enjoy his various game series even after his passing.

Perhaps if David/Rich responds to this thread they could shed more light on this subject.

John was working towards retirement over the last couple of years...so yes, there was a plan, and yes, JTS will continue on. More to follow when I can compose myself.
OK thank you, I didn't want any details but it is a real positive that these games will continue to be his legacy in the future.
05-01-2021, 05:07 AM,
Very sad new, specially when arrived to his golden years, expect family be fine.

Not a lot to add apart thanks JT for all your hard work, expect you be in a better place.

Is good read his work is going to continue in capable hands like yours, i expect you have all the good luck you can receive and need.
05-01-2021, 09:38 AM,
(04-29-2021, 06:47 AM)Landser34 Wrote: I just read of John Tillers passing on Facebook my prayers and sympathies to his family.

https://georgiacremation.com/obituary/jo...rt-tiller/

What sad news.

He will be sadly missed by me. Although I have never meet him but I have enjoyed his games from Talon  Soft, Hps and JPS. and he seemed to me the person that everyone turned to.

Rest in peace Mr Tiller and thank you 

Michael Curtis
05-01-2021, 09:38 AM,
It is a sad thing to see someone so young still to pass away.
My condolences to the Tiller family and all those who knew him through his work to enrich this hobby.

Sympathies and respect,
Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-01-2021, 12:25 PM,
I met John at the Tiller Con in Kansas City and we swapped a few emails over the years, but I never really knew him as a person. But I knew his games, knew them well. When I first booted up East Front, I was amazed at how far ahead of the rest of the field he was. And that game helped me through some tough times, took my mind off of my own personal tragedies. So, thank you John Tiller. Thank you for joy you have given me over twenty-five years. You will not be forgotten.

Jeff Conner
05-01-2021, 10:19 PM,
(04-30-2021, 10:01 AM)rahamy Wrote:

Very happy to hear that.  I don't believe there has been a time during the past 9 years that I have not been in the middle of one or more scenarios from some JTS title.  (Right now it's PzC Normandy and Seven Years War).  There are still multiple JTS titles that I have not yet purchased but look forward to acquiring and playing them in the future.