• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I just read of John Tillers passing on april 26th
04-29-2021, 10:04 AM,
RE: I just read of John Tillers passing on april 26th
(04-29-2021, 08:55 AM)Cyrus Wrote: I met his first job, Battleground Ardennes, about 20 years ago and it has always accompanied me in life ever since

Rest in Peace.

Che la terra ti sia lieve, John.

Wow....just Wow...what a shocker. Much love to his family....
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2021, 10:58 AM,
RIP. Lots of hours playing his games. Sad to see him go.
04-29-2021, 11:20 AM,
Terrible news. Loss for Wargaming indeed. Condolences
04-29-2021, 05:13 PM,
I envy those of you here that met the man. My condolences to the Tiller family. RIP and thank you for all the awesome wargames.

I've amassed JTS titles on my hard drive and in Mr.Tiller's honor I shall start and finish a campaign by year's end.
04-29-2021, 05:23 PM,
My thoughts and deepest sympathy are with his family and friends. I like to think however that his spirit lives on in the minds of the people who have enjoyed his games for so many years. He was a true master of his craft who leaves behind him many happy memories for those who shared in both his life and in playing his designs
04-29-2021, 05:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2021, 05:50 PM by Ashcloud.)
We will keep his legacy alive here at theblitz forever. Long Live JTS! RIP
Send this user an email
04-29-2021, 07:01 PM,
Wow....so sorry to hear this. I never met the man but watched his interviews on Youtube and I bought probably 95% of his games from Talonsoft to the present. Just a shock to learn he passed. He is three years older than me. I wonder what does this mean for John Tiller software. Is it going to be defunct or are others going to continue his legacy?
04-30-2021, 01:36 AM,
He will definitely be missed.

I had the pleasure of meeting him and sitting in on several of the round table discussions he held at the three Tiller Cons.
The thing I remember the most was his willingness to listen to the people playing the games.
Not everything that was suggested got into the games but some of the things brought up at these eventually made their way into the games.  The fact that we're still seeing improvements to game systems he introduced 20 years ago tells you the kind of support he gave to his games.
04-30-2021, 04:42 AM,
(04-29-2021, 07:01 PM)Mesquite Wrote: I wonder what does this mean for John Tiller software. Is it going to be defunct or are others going to continue his legacy?

Very sad news indeed, been enjoying his various game series for as long as I can remember, thoughts go out to his friends and family. 

I would hope at the very least the present games would continue to be supported, but with new titles in the pipeline my hope is that a plan has been put in place to see the various series continue for a few years at least, I never met John but I would imagine he would have wanted us to continue to enjoy his various game series even after his passing.

Perhaps if David/Rich responds to this thread they could shed more light on this subject.
04-30-2021, 09:59 AM,
I'm struggling to have a lot of words right now...he was the best boss I have ever had, a real pleasure to work with. He will be missed greatly. Way too young...