• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

modding the scenario-description font in JT games?
04-28-2021, 06:17 AM,
modding the scenario-description font in JT games?
For me personally, I'm finding the tiny scenario-briefing text in JT games a tad difficult to read these days! And that made me wonder: is there any way to mod the font size (or "point" size) for scenario descriptions in JT games? Thanks in advance for answers.
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2021, 06:44 AM,
RE: modding the scenario-description font in JT games?
I have never heard of a way to do that. It was only relatively recently that I learned there is a way to add in paragraph breaks in some of the various game series, it is always possible there is a way to change the font too, but not through the editor, anyway.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
04-28-2021, 06:57 AM,
RE: modding the scenario-description font in JT games?
Hi Rick & thanks for this. Yes, in some JT games it's possible to add paragraph breaks in scenario briefings using the "\" key, although some JT series seem not to support this feature.

Also, while on the subject of text formatting, would be good (I think) if more colours were available for map text. At the moment there's Blue for water-hex text, Green for forest-hex text, and Black for everything else. But it would be nice to have, say, Red as an option for labelling points of interest or Objectives. Well, just a thought. :-)

As for font/point size---maybe there's some value in a system file that can be tweaked?