• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Night fatigue
04-16-2021, 04:12 AM,
Night fatigue
Just wondering why the night fatigue from the panzer campaign games has never been incorporated into the Napoleonic series. I think it would add more realism.
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2021, 05:59 AM,
RE: Night fatigue
Moving and fighting at night in the Napoleonic series per the manual:

page 16:

Units which attempt to move in Line formation during Night turns automatically become Disordered.

page 32

During Night turns, all Leaders and units have a Command value one less than normal. Thus, a Leader with a Command Rating of A would have a numerical rating of 5 during Night turns and a Detached unit would have a value of 0 in the Test for Disorder Recovery (and thus be unable to become un-Disordered).

page 33

If it is a Night turn, then 2 is subtracted from the Morale.

page 34

If it is a Night turn, then the Morale value of the unit is divided by 2 with fractions rounded up (for example 5 becomes 3).

page 49

If you have just had D quality units, low on ammo, with Fatigue level 900, rout during a Night turn, don’t think that this was an unrealistic event.
04-16-2021, 10:12 PM,
I think Typhoon means why not have fatigue for movement.

My two cents worth is movement is a lot slower at night anyway - from 10/15 minutes to 1 hour per turn. 
04-17-2021, 03:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2021, 03:31 AM by typhoon.)
(04-16-2021, 10:12 PM)agmoss99 Wrote: I think Typhoon means why not have fatigue for movement.

My two cents worth is movement is a lot slower at night anyway - from 10/15 minutes to 1 hour per turn. 

Yes I was thinking movement I get the slow down it’s dark out you have to be cautious.That said night fatigue offers the player a better choice stay still sleep and your fresh in the morning or push on into the night at a cost of    21 fatigue and arrive in time but slightly more tired I like choice I guess