• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scheldt '44 1.01 Patch Released
04-05-2021, 08:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 09:03 PM by Strela.)
Scheldt '44 1.01 Patch Released
Hi All,

Normal service is resuming (slowly!).

We have the first patch for Scheldt '44 available updating the game to version 1.01

The changes are pretty extensive including various fixes that have come to light since release as well as map corrections and new content including a new Day +1 Market-Garden campaign scenario.

A big thank you to Mike Prucha and Dave Michas for all the work to get this update ready.

Link to JTS Updates page

The full change log is below:

Changes for Scheldt '44 1.01

- New fortification type - Forts are similar to pillboxes but have 1.5x higher defense benefits
    - Updated Scenario Descriptions including recommended optional rules
    - PDT: Industrial hex combat modifier changed from -60% to -50%
    - PDT: Increased bridge value
    - PDT: Rail allowance reduced
    - Map: Some additional villages, roads, & terrain added
    - Map: Bridge at Renkum now a ferry
    - OOB: Renamed subordinate companies of 2/501st PIR from "505th PIR" to "501st PIR"
    - OOB: Reduced morale of Panzer-Brigade 107, 9. SS-Panzer, & 10. SS-Panzer from B to C (including
      detached elements)
    - OOB: Corrected component name of Guards Armoured Division - now is "Adair"
    - OOB: Adjusted company strength in the Belgian and Dutch Brigades based on additional research
    - OOB: Added assault values to Allied HQs that were missing them
    - OOB: Added Btl. Kauer
    - OOB: Added Kampgruppe Hartung
    - OOB: Added Kampgfruppe Swarz
    - OOB: Kampgruppe Krafft now regimental command
    - OOB: Reorganization of Kampfgruppe Becker
    - OOB: Added 15./SS-Grenadier-Regiment 1
    - OOB: Panzergrenadier battalions in Kampgruppe Frundsberg reduced from 3 to 2 companies
    - OOB: Removed Fs.Fl.Rgt. 12
    - OOB: Reduced soft attack & hard attack values for Commonwealth divisional recon squadrons
    - OOB: Added Rekruten-Abteilung/Fs.Pz.E.u.A.Rgt. HG
    - Scn: #0907_02 Albert Canal
- Victory conditions changed to match #0907_02a
- Added Landstorm Nederland AT company
    - Scn: #0917_02 & #0917_02a Market Garden
- XXX Corps HQ release moved up to the morning of the 18th
- 151st Field Artillery no longer fixed upon arrival
- Bridge at Renkum starts destroyed (but needs to be changed to ferry - see below)
- Belgian Brigade release moved to the 20th
- Release time for various elements of KG v. Tettau moved from 17:00 to 15:00
- Added KG Hartung & Schwarz
- Added Recruit Battalion/Hermann Goering Training Regiment
- Added additional remnants of II./HG Training Regiment
- Added strategy options for arrival of II./Fs.Jg.Rgt. 6 in variants that use smaller map
- I./AR 347 arrives with 245. I.D in variants that use small map
- schn.Abt. 505 arrives with 245
- XXX Corps engineers are now "Has Boats"
    - Scn: #1006_03 Hoogerheide
- C/Sherbrooke Fusiliers released earlier - timed to coincide with 5th CIB release
    - Scn: #1027_01 Meijel
- 7th Armored HQ and D/203rd AAA Bn released move to turn 2
    - Also, in all applicable scenarios, the strength of the Belgian and Dutch brigades has
      been modified to account for the changed strength in the OOB
    - There is one new historic variant scenario:
    - Scn: #0918_02_Market Garden D+1 - Market Garden starting on the morning of the 18th
Additionally, there are four new hypothetical scenarios:
    - Scn: #0908_01a - Moerbrugge - what if the Canadian/Polish attack across the Gentbrugge canal
      had been better supported?
    - Scn: #0917_01c Market Garden - What if XII & VIII Corps were ready to attack on the afternoon
      of the 17th?
    - Scn: #1006_04_Dunkerque - What if 3rd Canadian Infantry Division assaults Dunkirk on October 6th
      instead of the Breskens Pocket?
    - Scn: #1101_01a Heusden - What if the LXXXVIII. A.K. reserve had been deployed to the bridgehead?
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2021, 11:03 PM,
RE: Scheldt '44 1.01 Patch Released
Looks good, I'll install it after completing a Market Garden team game.

Have the Polish airborne engineer stats been corrected? It's too fast and has a lower defence value currently, as if it's composed of trucks.

The different Speed values for Allied engineers and motorized infantry might also be worth verifying.

Considering that a number of units have increased or reduced morale/quality levels based on historical performance, I'm not sure if decreasing quality for Frundsberg, Hohenstaufen and 107. Panzer Brigade is a good move.

107. Panzer Brigade in particular will be able to accomplish less with its reduced quality and due to the limited number of component units it's already difficult to make an impression on larger Allied formations.
04-06-2021, 05:26 AM,
Hi ComradeP,

The Polish AB engineer stats have been corrected - the movement value is now 4 and defense is 16.

The movement values for engineers vs. infantry are correct. Movement values are different for fully vs. partially motorized units. Most Allied engineer units are fully motorized and have a higher value. (different  values may not be the best way to represent partial vs. full motorization, but I think there should be some distinction and this is one of the only tools at our disposal to reflect this)

-Mike Prucha
04-06-2021, 09:55 AM,
Thanks for the update.
I have to say I was a little disappointed that the 3D broken terrain was not fixed as per this thread.
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74322
Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.
04-06-2021, 02:30 PM,
I can't seem to find the newly added "#0917_01c Market Garden" scenario. Is it on my end?
04-06-2021, 06:38 PM,
(04-06-2021, 02:30 PM)All_American Wrote: I can't seem to find the newly added "#0917_01c Market Garden" scenario. Is it on my end?

Hi there,

It's not you!

I just checked and I did not receive it in all the files I have been provided with, but it was in Mike's changes.txt. We will check whether it is still relevant or not.

Thanks for calling it out.

David
04-06-2021, 06:40 PM,
(04-06-2021, 09:55 AM)bigus Wrote: Thanks for the update.
I have to say I was a little disappointed that the 3D broken terrain was not fixed as per this thread.
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74322
Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.

Thank you for the reminder. We are struggling to keep track of potential fixes and this was missed. This I believe is an issue with other titles using the Western European graphics set. It is only obvious to you as you are using modded graphics.

We have some resource constraints that will impact us reviewing this, but it will go on the list.

David
04-06-2021, 06:43 PM,
Thanks David, Mike and Dave. Will it break current PBEM games if we apply it mid-game?
04-09-2021, 07:14 AM,
Bump. Can I patch mid-game?
04-09-2021, 07:58 AM,
(04-09-2021, 07:14 AM)phoenix Wrote: Bump. Can I patch mid-game?

Which scenario are you playing? Market-Garden would certainly be broken.