• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Marching Eagles - New Updates
04-03-2021, 12:40 PM,
Marching Eagles - New Updates
Marching Eagles - New Updates for Waterloo, Marengo and Austerlitz - go to hpssims.com

Update features -
1 - When Unit Information Box is clicked, map centres on that unit
2 - Improved chance of success of rally (R&R)
3 - If army morale drops below 10%, army routs except for leaders plus elite and veteran units
4 - Event Card selection now done at end of previous player turn so that it is fixed in the saved PBEM file and the next player can not re-start his turn in the hope of getting a better Event Card

Specifically for the Austerlitz game -
Added 5 new scenarios using 2 new maps - Caldiero 1805 and Wertingen
Additional scenario added - number 42  - 'What - If 'on full Austerlitz battle - No units fixed in position for first 5 turns

Paul
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2021, 06:30 PM,
RE: Marching Eagles - New Updates
Thanks Paul. I just bought Waterloo and Austerlitz, a few days ago, but they're very hard to play due to lag. What's happening there, do you know? I click on a unit on map, for example, and there's a slight delay (half a second?) before a blank box appears over to the right. I count. 2 seconds more before the unit details are filled in inside the blank box. I have a fast machine. Fast enough, I would have thought. No problem running DCS flight sim, Steel Beasts, Command Ops 2, CMO, all the JTS games, Hearts of Iron, Ageod games and so on - a wide variety of different complexity. Almost every feature in your games are laggy though. Scrolling is painful.

Are these known issues? Are there any fixes? I hope so. The games look interesting, but they're not very playable when everything jerks around and lags like this.

Thanks.
04-09-2021, 01:22 AM,
Nope. No devs around here, I guess?
04-09-2021, 08:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 08:18 PM by -72-.)
(04-09-2021, 01:22 AM)phoenix Wrote: Nope. No devs around here, I guess?

Paul is the developer.

edited to add: and afaik, he is the sole programmer for that series.
Bydand
Send this user an email
04-09-2021, 08:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 09:45 PM by phoenix.)
Yes. I'm aware he's the sole developer, _72z - that's why I asked a question in here. The second message was to bump the thread. But maybe he's on leave at the moment, around Easter etc. I bought 2 of his games and they're so sluggish they're not really comfortable to play. I've no idea why. As I said, for example, I click on a unit and it's three seconds before I get its picture over to the right. Something amiss there. The system I have is good, no problems elsewhere. Am I meant to raise these tech issues with HPS, I wonder, and not directly with the dev through here?

UPDATE: I used the win 10 compatibility feature and troubleshooter and that got everything working considerably better. I wonder if there's a way to speed up the scrolling though? The game seems very interesting, more of a command based approach.
04-23-2021, 11:51 AM,
I found the Austerlitz Update application on the HPS web site was not working and players received an old version of the game instead of the latest version. This fault has now been corrected and the new scenarios added to Austerlitz can now be played with the improved maps.

Paul
04-23-2021, 12:16 PM,
(04-09-2021, 08:55 PM)phoenix Wrote: Yes. I'm aware he's the sole developer, _72z - that's why I asked a question in here. The second message was to bump the thread. But maybe he's on leave at the moment, around Easter etc. I bought 2 of his games and they're so sluggish they're not really comfortable to play. I've no idea why. As I said, for example, I click on a unit and it's three seconds before I get its picture over to the right. Something amiss there. The system I have is good, no problems elsewhere. Am I meant to raise these tech issues with HPS, I wonder, and not directly with the dev through here?

UPDATE: I used the win 10 compatibility feature and troubleshooter and that got everything working considerably better. I wonder if there's a way to speed up the scrolling though? The game seems very interesting, more of a command based approach.

Apologies for the delay, Phoenix - I do not check this board often enough :(
If you are using a Win 10 compatibility feature I assume you are using Win 7 or earlier operating system. Marching Eagles is developed primarily for Win 10 and Win 7 although I do know players who get it to work on earlier Windows versions.
The lag you speak about should not occur and maybe due to PC settings. Please drop a line through to [email protected] and we will work with you to resolve this problem.

Regards
Paul
04-23-2021, 12:29 PM,
Speeding up the scrolling of Marching Eagles maps.
There are two ways to scroll -
1 - Move the cursor with the mouse to the edge of the screen for left and right movement. Move the cursor with the mouse to the bottom edge of the map for down scrolling. Move the cursor with the mouse to the top edge of the map for up scrolling. However, scrolling up does not work directly below the toolbar icons on the left side of the screen - this is to avoid you scrolling the map when all you wanted to do was get the cursor to the icons.
2 - Use the keyboard arrow keys. These only work if the game is focused on the map - in other words before you use the keyboard, click on an area of the map with no units then use the arrow keys. On most PCs this option for scrolling moves the map quicker.

I hope this helps,
Paul