• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan 46 Partisans
04-17-2021, 07:16 PM,
Help  Japan 46 Partisans
Good Morning everybody,

Currently playing the Operation Coronet Campaign in Japan 46 as the Japanese. In this Scenario many of the forces under my command are Partisan units. My question is now, does anybody know if they are able to blow up bridges? In the briefings of some Japan 45 Scenarios it was mentioned that Partisans could do that, but I didn't see it mentioned in Japan 46 anywhere. Does anybody know if they have that capability in this game?

Regards,
Secret 45
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2021, 09:11 PM,
RE: Japan 46 Partisans
(04-17-2021, 07:16 PM)Secret45 Wrote: Good Morning everybody,

Currently playing the Operation Coronet Campaign in Japan 46 as the Japanese. In this Scenario many of the forces under my command are Partisan units. My question is now, does anybody know if they are able to blow up bridges? In the briefings of some Japan 45 Scenarios it was mentioned that Partisans could do that, but I didn't see it mentioned in Japan 46 anywhere. Does anybody know if they have that capability in this game?

Regards,
Secret 45

No, there are no partisans in either game that can destroy bridges. Partisans can hinder bridge destruction in the same way as a Deception Unit but without having to be deployed or being subject to detection. But they cannot destroy bridges.

I suspect the confusion comes from the scenario description that states;

"The Japanese have Partisan units that enter on the map with a scatter value for variable hex entry. These units have Demolition capability forcing the Allies to keep some troops near the rear areas to secure the important supply sources and VPs."

I do not believe there are any partisans in either game that have the Demolition attribute but if there were it would only allow mine clearing and a bonus when assaulting bunkers and pillboxes. It would not allow them to damage bridges. And it has no relevance to "supply sources or VPs" as the wording might suggest.
04-18-2021, 12:21 AM,
Thank you for the reply. That clarifies things. I was indeed talking about the part of the briefing you quoted. That confused me since the manual states clearly that Partisans are not able to significantly damage infrastructure. So it seems they have the exact same abilities in the Japan games as in any of the other titles.
04-18-2021, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2021, 12:44 AM by ComradeP.)
What puzzled me for a moment about Partisan units is that they don't have a special flag or ability. Their unit type gives them the hard-coded abilities associated with partisans, as described in the manual, without requiring that a certain ability is checked in the OOB editor.

I don't think the designer of Japan '45 understood the purpose of Demolition units when he wrote that description. There seems to have been some confusion in general about PzC features, which is why the suggested optional rules were revised in a patch and some changes were made.
04-18-2021, 06:25 AM,
As a rather new player I can see how stuff about some abilities and optional rules can be confusing at times since they  change quite alot how the game works.

Also thinking about it, looking at the amount of Partisans I get it would probably not be a fun Scenario for the Allied player if they all could blow up bridges. He probably wouldn't have a chance to reach some important objectives in time.