• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Home guard and Armour?
04-05-2021, 05:13 AM,
RE: Home guard and Armour?
@HSL: I didn´t morph anything! My intial question was about tanks what maybe the home guard could fall back on. That was denied. So my followig question was about tanks of the Royal Army to the mentioned time. It was/is only a continuing of the thinking. And if You want You could it see even as a question about cooperation between Home Guard and Royal Army. That´s all up to You.

@Steel God: That helps a lot, the information about the centrally located armor. Concerning the other I´ll do a look then. Thank You for Your help!

Greetings
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2021, 10:54 PM,
RE: Home guard and Armour?
"Since some time I try to get information about if the Home Guard in the years 1940 and 1941 had any armour to their use  - and if it would have been only a single tank. Maybe some prototype, obsolete tanks of the army from the interwar period or even selfmade tanks what were better armored and armed then Beaverettes and Co. Just something what deserved the name "Tank"."

Original question answered by more than one person with "no, they did not".

Then you said, "Or did the english economy provide tanks then to the Home Guard? And how was it with the regular army, the Royal Army? What did they have in 1940 and 1941?"

To which I posted a link, that had other links in it, which defined the Home Guard and also what the regular army had available during that time period.

I'm sorry it was not the information you wanted. Which was given based on the questions you asked. I'll try to be more helpful in the future.

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply