• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Breaking out of the Box
03-25-2021, 05:47 AM,
RE: Breaking out of the Box
One of the problems I have is that the H2H section is automated, so impossible for me to make changes without a programmer helping, and ours doesn't have the time. I can certainly reach out to a team of core players and find 6(?) lucky volunteers, but they would have to work with in the constraints of the system in place, so not sure how to make it anonymous.

One solution is the designer could submit his design by email to the testers, who would playtest. If/when approved he could formally submit it through H2H. The H2H moderator (Krazy Kat) would then approve it without plays. (I think he can do that.)

As for who the playtesters are, my name was mentioned and, although I'm happy to do it, I play for fun, not accuracy. So (exaggerating here) I might miss and happily try out my tigers on my hapless opponent in our "1939 Polish Blitz" test scenario and miss the timeframe element. Point being, I'm not sure I'm a good fit, though I could certainly test for enjoyability. Maybe that's a good thing? Veteran players with different approaches to the game? Dunno.

Big Ivan for sure, good player and has design skills and knowledge, same for Ed Silcox. Hawk for experience. I like Dawags for his skill, Dev if he has time. Tankertony. Dan Caviness (great designer IMO) Ashley and the Outlaw I haven't played enough to know, but probably good if they're interested. If you guys want, make me a list of your nominees and why and email them to me to remain anonymous. I will probably choose someone to help me pick an "A" team, since I really don't know who would be right. I have a ton of opponents I like, but would they be right for this?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply