• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wargame Articles
03-14-2021, 02:26 AM,
Wargame Articles
Hi All,

just found this website (opensource), many old/good articles from S/T and Moves...

I downloaded as many as I could, too much to read!

the link says constatinople but will lead you to several hundred issues......

https://archive.org/download/StrategyAnd...tantinople

Pete
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2021, 03:53 AM,
RE: Wargame Articles
Thank you for the link, I have just taken a step back in time to the dawn of computer wargames!!  Big Grin2
03-19-2021, 11:56 PM,
Great link to take a deep dive into.
03-25-2021, 08:23 AM,
I'm not 100% certain that was supposed to be 'open source' in that when doing research for TYW I seem to have found that DG's titles that they were selling were also available to be downloaded from their site.

I'm not certain that they knew that there - as they were selling back issues, including in digital format and at the time were not even that into supporting any digital play format such as Vassal. Just that alone suggested that they weren't aware that they had that issue.  I'm not sure how I found this- probably just googling the name of a specific article on the War -probably Breitenfeld - it was a long time ago. 

I guess what I mean is that I imagine eventually DG might get around to sending Archive.org a note on those -since one would expect to find this material on their site right now -if they intended it to be freely available.
Bydand
Send this user an email