• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AI vs. itself
04-06-2021, 06:33 AM,
AI vs. itself
Is there a full or semi-automated way to have the AI play against itself, for the purpose of testing a scenario?

The idea is to see how the AI fares on a given scenario and get a sense of the general difficulty. The game doesn't allow AI selection on both sides, and while technically this can be achieved by using the "Activate AI" option on each turn, this can get pretty tiresome.
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2021, 09:05 PM,
RE: AI vs. itself
(04-06-2021, 06:33 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Is there a full or semi-automated way to have the AI play against itself, for the purpose of testing a scenario?

The idea is to see how the AI fares on a given scenario and get a sense of the general difficulty. The game doesn't allow AI selection on both sides, and while technically this can be achieved by using the "Activate AI" option on each turn, this can get pretty tiresome.

No other way I know of.
Send this user an email
04-06-2021, 11:33 PM,
(04-06-2021, 09:05 PM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 06:33 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote: Is there a full or semi-automated way to have the AI play against itself, for the purpose of testing a scenario?

No other way I know of.

Found a non-official way! The "simulation" still takes a couple of minutes on an average 15-turn scenario, but at least it runs unattended and I won't risk getting carpal tunnel Big Grin
04-06-2021, 11:48 PM,
(04-06-2021, 11:33 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:

No other way I know of.

Found a non-official way! The "simulation" still takes a couple of minutes on an average 15-turn scenario, but at least it runs unattended and I won't risk getting carpal tunnel Big Grin

what is the non-official way?
Send this user an email
04-07-2021, 02:15 AM,
(04-06-2021, 11:48 PM)Ashcloud Wrote:

No other way I know of.

I use command-line switches to launch the game and trick it into thinking it's playing against itself. An annoying side effect is that the "simulation" overwrites the .scn file, so I need make a backup of it beforehand. I can send the specifics via PM if you're interested.
04-07-2021, 07:41 PM,
(04-07-2021, 02:15 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 11:48 PM)Ashcloud Wrote:

No other way I know of.

I use command-line switches to launch the game and trick it into thinking it's playing against itself. An annoying side effect is that the "simulation" overwrites the .scn file, so I need make a backup of it beforehand. I can send the specifics via PM if you're interested.
Yes please send specifics. Thanks.
Send this user an email