• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Assault numbers are in. Bug or feature?
04-12-2021, 06:59 PM,
RE: Assault numbers are in. Bug or feature?
(04-12-2021, 10:35 AM)NikolaiB Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 08:20 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 01:26 PM)NikolaiB Wrote: I want to replicate this test in DBP. So, you set this up by creating a scenario in the editor?

Yes, I started with a custom map/oob and a barebones scenario with lines of troops face to face. Then I created an Excel sheet to store the values for each test case (normal, disrupted, pinned and demoralized targets in vanilla settings; another set for the Quality Loss Modifier optional rule; another for vehicles, and so on and so forth), along with the expected average outcomes. These I derived from the procedure explained in the manual and implemented them through simple formulas.

Ahhhh, sorry, I never got around it.

I sent it on.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2021, 11:15 PM,
RE: Assault numbers are in. Bug or feature?
(04-12-2021, 06:59 PM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 10:35 AM)NikolaiB Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 08:20 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 01:26 PM)NikolaiB Wrote: I want to replicate this test in DBP. So, you set this up by creating a scenario in the editor?

Yes, I started with a custom map/oob and a barebones scenario with lines of troops face to face. Then I created an Excel sheet to store the values for each test case (normal, disrupted, pinned and demoralized targets in vanilla settings; another set for the Quality Loss Modifier optional rule; another for vehicles, and so on and so forth), along with the expected average outcomes. These I derived from the procedure explained in the manual and implemented them through simple formulas.

Ahhhh, sorry, I never got around it.

I sent it on.

The case of DBP is interesting, because it didn't occur to me that some scenarios would include unarmed squads. My mod makes unarmed troops essentially useless in assaults. This will probably affect the balance of existing scenarios that rely extensively on them.

One simple solution is to give these troops a knife, a rock, brass knuckles-- basically any weapon with a minimal assault value. That will give them a fighting chance.
Quote this message in a reply