• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Seven Years War
11-17-2021, 02:14 AM,
RE: Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Seven Years War
(11-16-2021, 11:05 AM)Verdun1916 Wrote: Would these 2D-counters work for the American Civil War and Early American War series games to?

I have been analyzing the graphics of both series, and in principle, there would not be much difficulty adapting the mod to them. The terrain in both series would only need some adjustments and, if you want a little more realism, adapt the city hexes to a typology more in line with the American urban landscape. As for the units, for EAW it would also be easy, but for ACW a complete redesign would be needed, given the different facing of the units.

The biggest problem is that, for now, I do not have any game from those series. I only know the graphic files, which come in the updates, but I cannot verify how they work in the game and the modifications that would have to be implemented to make them fully functional.
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2021, 04:16 AM,
Hi Aoi99,
Extremely impressed with you mods covering the SYW and Napoleonic Wars.
I would really like a ACW set, but read that you do not own any of johns ACW games.
I'm now in my late seventies and have been playing Johns games since he started years ago.

I have always been a solo player using the games in conjunction with my passion of Military History.
My collection of military books is over 800 and takes up at least 20% of my house.

What I will do if you wish, is pay for any ACW Battle you choose and then you could allow you followers on the Blitz
to enjoy your expertise.

Anyway have think about it and let me know what you think. We could work out how to get you copy later.

Stay safe,
Peter Jackson.
UK
11-22-2021, 05:04 AM,
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your words.

Quote:What I will do if you wish, is pay for any ACW Battle you choose and then you could allow you followers on the Blitz

to enjoy your expertise.

Thank you very much for the offer. Right now I was waiting for the winter sales to buy an ACW series game to expand my game library. I hope that WDE maintains those offers. This way I can get to work on a version of the mod for ACW during the Christmas holidays.

Impressive that collection of 800 books. I'm also a huge fan of Military History, but I don't have even half that number, which is a relief to my wife.

Regards,

Juan Martin
11-22-2021, 12:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 07:24 AM by Verdun1916.)
(11-17-2021, 02:14 AM)Aoi99 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:05 AM)Verdun1916 Wrote: Would these 2D-counters work for the American Civil War and Early American War series games to?

I have been analyzing the graphics of both series, and in principle, there would not be much difficulty adapting the mod to them. The terrain in both series would only need some adjustments and, if you want a little more realism, adapt the city hexes to a typology more in line with the American urban landscape. As for the units, for EAW it would also be easy, but for ACW a complete redesign would be needed, given the different facing of the units.

The biggest problem is that, for now, I do not have any game from those series. I only know the graphic files, which come in the updates, but I cannot verify how they work in the game and the modifications that would have to be implemented to make them fully functional.

Yes, there are a few differences between the ACW series and the 7 Years War. I would say there are three main differences:

1. All cavalry in the ACW-series of games are to be considered dragoons. They can fight on horseback like traditional cavalry or be dismounted and fight like infantry.

2. All infantry in line and dismounted cavalry can also deploy into skirmish line. The skirmish line is not represented in the same way as skirmishers in 7YW or the Napoleonic series of games. It's rather a dispersed line formation were the infantry regiments deployed in such a formation make better use of cover and has some bonuses when moving through the terrain, especially rough terrain compared to standard line formation.

3. The artillery can be turned (or change facing) in a slightly different way than in 7YW and the Napoleonic games if I remember correctly. Then there are also a greater variety of guns aswell since the ACW games also have fixed fortress guns and different types of mortars, the latter varying from small cohorns to large sierge mortars.

Nr. 1 might not be an issue, or atleast not a big one, but nr. 2 would require an additional unit counter for infantry and dismounted cavalry to represent the skirmish line formation while the present skirmisher counters would not be needed at all.
Nr. 3 would require additional artillery counters to represent fixed fortress guns and different types of mortars.
06-15-2023, 02:45 AM,
I have updated the "Seven Years War Ferraris mod" to be compatible with the new version 4.02.
I also include a trial version for "The Great Northern War" and "Renaissance". Unfortunately, since I don't have the games, I haven't been able to check if they work. I await your comments to make the corrections of errors.