• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Nap
10-08-2022, 04:11 AM,
RE: Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Nap
(10-01-2022, 09:06 PM)Verdun1916 Wrote: So, I tried renaming the mod 2D unit files by adding an a at the end of each file name:

from 2DSymbols25 to 2DSymbols25a,

from 2DSymbols50 to 2DSymbols50a and

2DSymbols100 to 2DSymbols100a.

This replaced the a option for the game 2D units normally showing NATO style unit markers.

I started the game, clicked the Settings menu, then Unit Symbol and choose the NATO option. And voila, now the mod 2D units show up perfectly in the game.

I chose the NATO files because those are the 2D units I have disliked the most in the stock game.

If you want to replace one of the other instead, just add an b or an c instead of an a.

Not sure what would happen if you added an d instead, or some other letter. Maybe a forth option would show up in the Settings/Unit Symbols menu in game.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Adding another letter than a, b or c does not work.

So to get the mod to work with the 4.03 game update simply add the letter a, b or c, to the end of the three
        unit file names for the 2D unit files included in the mod, depending if you want to replace the NATO, Alt. or Block
        2D unit markers in game, before copying the, into the correct game folder.
        When you start the game make sure you check the appropriate NATO, Alt. or Block button in the Settings/Unit

Symbols menu for the mod 2D units to show up.

As far as I can see there are no major issues with the mod map besides that it shows the stock 2D stone bridges.

However this doesn't bother me so I don't see that as an issue with using this mod with the 4.03 version of the 

Nap games.

I've tested this on Campaign Bautzen, Leipzig, 1814 and Waterloo and it seems this fix works fine. For the other 

titles I can't say since I don't own them yet.

Thanks for the quick reply and fix!
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2022, 07:28 AM,
(10-08-2022, 04:11 AM)bssyp Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply and fix!

Just glad I could lend a hand! :)
02-21-2023, 03:10 AM,
Just noticed a minor bug in the latest version - 2DHexEdges200.bmp is missing from the Snow folder.

Easy to fix - just need to copy it from the Map folder into the Snow folder
05-14-2023, 06:33 PM,
Updated to version 4.06.