• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Next Purchase Recommendation
03-03-2021, 02:59 PM,
PzC Next Purchase Recommendation
Was wondering opinions on the best PzC games are more likely to find opponents?  I'm partial to WWII and would like to stay focused in that era for the time being.  Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Nick
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2021, 03:25 PM,
a_Arrow  RE: PzC Next Purchase Recommendation
(03-03-2021, 02:59 PM)ThePrussian Wrote: Was wondering opinions on the best PzC games are more likely to find opponents?  I'm partial to WWII and would like to stay focused in that era for the time being.  Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Nick

Hey Nick, we get this question all the time.

The PzC series is very popular and you will not have any problems finding an opponent here at the Blitz.

The "normal" answer to your question is pick a title that interests you, and go with it.

Or since you are new to the series, select one title from each theater and see how much you enjoy it.

Highly suggest you check out Jison's MapMod which is a very popular art mod.

http://www.mapmod.se/

His webpage hasn't been updated in well over a year as he is busy with contract work.

I believe he offers a PzC mod to every game in the series title except Japan '46.

If you decide to start using mods, make sure you check out the mod program JSGME.

A install walk through and an explanation of the program can be found here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=72021

One of the greatest assets of owning a JTS game is that JTS has the unprecedented reputation of supporting 99% of their games, even games that were originally released back in 1999, and they do it for free!

You will be hard-pressed to find another computer gaming company who does such a thing.

As a owner of over 62+ JTS titles, I know first hand that all the different game series can be very addicting especially since they shine when playing them via PBEM.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Good Luck!
03-03-2021, 04:53 PM,
RE: PzC Next Purchase Recommendation
Thank you for the info! I was looking at the mapmods last night. Will give them a shot this coming weekend.
03-04-2021, 08:03 AM,
Welcome, hope you have fun!  Smile
03-04-2021, 07:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2021, 07:18 PM by phoenix.)
Yes, welcome!

You could also decide whether you want to focus on large, medium or smaller battles, then check out the excellent scenario listings on this site to see how long individual scenarios are and so on, how many of each there are in each title etc.

The PC series is in the middle of being updated to what I - and many others - consider to be really excellent graphics. In my very humble opinion the new graphics are far superior to any mod currently out there for them. There are options in the new graphics to really limit the 'hexy' appearance of the map (if you don't like that) or you can stick with the original hexy look if you like that.

If you wanted to buy a title which has already been updated to the new graphics then those are, currently, Budapest '45, Bulge '44, Kharkov '42, Kharkov '43, Korsun '44, Kursk '43, Market Garden '44, Minsk '44, Mius '43, Moscow '41, Moscow '42 & Smolensk '41.
03-05-2021, 12:44 AM,
(03-04-2021, 07:16 PM)phoenix Wrote: Yes, welcome!

You could also decide whether you want to focus on large, medium or smaller battles, then check out the excellent scenario listings on this site to see how long individual scenarios are and so on, how many of each there are in each title etc.

The PC series is in the middle of being updated to what I  - and many others - consider to be really excellent graphics. In my very humble opinion the new graphics are far superior to any mod currently out there for them. There are options in the new graphics to really limit the 'hexy' appearance of the map (if you don't like that) or you can stick with the original hexy look if you like that.

If you wanted to buy a title which has already been updated to the new graphics then those are, currently, Budapest '45, Bulge '44, Kharkov '42, Kharkov '43, Korsun '44, Kursk '43, Market Garden '44, Minsk '44, Mius '43, Moscow '41, Moscow '42 & Smolensk '41.

phoenix,

Thank you for the recommendation regarding the scenario research.  I hadn't thought of that and it is a great idea.  As a noob to the PzC series I'm playing through some small scenarios to become accustom to the 'management' of game play before taking a bite of the large scenarios or campaign.

Good info on the new graphics.  Guess I got lucky when I bought Korsun '44!  I like the 2D map views.  The map details are easy to see and I'm one of those that like the subdued hex boundaries.  The 3D map view... hmmm well it seems cluttered to me for very little value.  I've always been able to visualize terrain from a 2D map so not a biggie for me.

Thanks again for the recommendations!

Nick
03-05-2021, 06:15 PM,
You realise you can swap out the 'No Hex Outline' files found in that folder in the Map folder? Just paste everything in the 'No Hex Outlines' folder into the main Map folder. If you don't like then you can revert by pasting the contents of the 'Hex Outline' folder (also found in the Map folder) into the main Map folder.
03-07-2021, 03:41 AM,
(03-05-2021, 06:15 PM)phoenix Wrote: You realise you can swap out the 'No Hex Outline' files found in that folder in the Map folder? Just paste everything in the 'No Hex Outlines' folder into the main Map folder. If you don't like then you can revert by pasting the contents of the 'Hex Outline' folder (also found in the Map folder) into the main Map folder.

I did not know that phoenix.  Thanks for the tip!