• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Congestion markers
02-28-2021, 12:01 AM,
Congestion markers
FWWC East Prussia: The scenario editor lets you place congestion markers on the map, signifying fleeing refugees blocking roads. Thing is, when I test a scenario in the main program---even with Fog of War selected---I can see all the congestion markers on the map, which means that I know in advance which routes are congested/blocked. Is this how it's meant to be? Is there no way to hide congestion markers until your units get within visible range of a congested hex?
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2021, 02:47 AM,
RE: Congestion markers
This is just how this feature works, along with damaged bridges and pontoon bridges being laid, you can always see these features even with FOW on and you don't have a LOS to them.
02-28-2021, 03:05 AM,
Hi and thanks for this. Ah, OK --- just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed some trick! Thanks again --- appreciated.
02-28-2021, 08:22 AM,
(02-28-2021, 02:47 AM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: This is just how this feature works, along with damaged bridges and pontoon bridges being laid, you can always see these features even with FOW on and you don't have a LOS to them.

I'm playing a Wacht campaign so I'm tracking my opponents truly epic bridge blowing campaign. I can see why Europe needed the Marshall Plan as there weren't any bridges left in Belgium and France in 1945. US Engineers blew everything up.

I didn't know pontoons were also visible but then I haven't played a game with full river hexes before? Ah well you can't hide things from a small Fieseler Storch.

Maybe something to add to the manual?
02-28-2021, 06:26 PM,
This was in the FWWC series, there was not much air recon available in 1914, but I suppose you can suggest it is possible to be spotted from the air.

Although a counter argument is that you would see it even if it was completed on a night turn!  Whistle

Its just one of those abstract features that all JTS games seem to have.
02-28-2021, 10:16 PM,
(02-28-2021, 06:26 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: This was in the FWWC series, there was not much air recon available in 1914, but I suppose you can suggest it is possible to be spotted from the air.

Although a counter argument is that you would see it even if it was completed on a night turn!  Whistle

Its just one of those abstract features that all JTS games seem to have.

I wonder if it's a feature or an oversight... When you toggle unit visibility, which I assume is intended to provide a better view of the terrain, all fortifications vanish too. This I found strange so I initially assumed the program just turned off the whole symbol layer, but clearly that's not the case (e.g., you can selectively turn off objective markers). My guess is that there's some kind of internal flag governing this and may need some tweaking.