• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Command Range: possible to edit?
02-18-2021, 12:04 AM,
Command Range: possible to edit?
In the FWWC: East Prussia game, is it possible to edit/mod the command ranges of HQ units? And if so, how? Or it it hard-coded? Thanks in advance for replies.
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2021, 12:38 AM,
RE: Command Range: possible to edit?
I'm not on my gaming PC so I could be wrong but I think this is tied to the HQ quality and this can be changed in the OOB editor.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
02-18-2021, 12:57 AM,
(02-18-2021, 12:38 AM)KAreil Wrote: I'm not on my gaming PC so I could be wrong but I think this is tied to the HQ quality and this can be changed in the OOB editor.

Hi & many thanks for this swift response--appreciated. OK, I will check that out ... :-)
02-18-2021, 01:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 01:26 AM by ComradeP.)
For HQ units the "Soft range" value in the OOB editor determines command range. The adjustments for morale/quality are hard coded, so you have to keep those in mind if you want non-C quality HQ's to have a certain command range.

FWWC games might not have an OOB editor, you can open the files with the editor that comes with a PzC game. However, the game might not accept an edited OOB. I haven't made any OOB changes to FWWC games, but I found some older posts that mention an error when attempting to play a scenario with an altered OOB.
02-18-2021, 03:30 AM,
Hi and many thanks for this. Excellent--very useful info! So far, no problems editing a custom OOB and loading it into a custom scenario. Thanks again.